Flywheel & Clutch for R150/R154

Blizzy

Rob...

Take your time. My car is not going up on stands for the surgery until after the first of the year.

You are definitely doing us all a service.

I still owe you that M bellhousing. I will get that sent out this week.

Jake Breyck

BTW, if anybody has a CAD drawing of the 1UZ crankshaft bolt pattern, I could use it. I had my old machine shop use a flex plate I had for the pattern, but I no longer have that. I can take them a crankshaft, but then they will charge me for the drawings. Again, the point of this is to keep the cost down. PM me if you have a drawing of the 1UZ crank bolt pattern.
ok well im not sure if this is exacly what they will need or not, but redphenix and i wipped this cad file up for you last night, please check all mesurements, as im not really putting a lot of trust in my micrometer or my ability to use it correctly.

http://www.jakebreyck.com/flywheel/1uzCrankBoltPattern.dwg

RedPhoenix

oh you needed a 2d?

just select the top view and change it to 2d in workspaces. if you need an "actual" 2d cad file, let me know.

SuperRunner

Well things look good. I am getting one done first before I do all the rest. I just want to make sure the quality of the machine work matches the previous machine shop.

It will be $50 less for sure, so those that have paid will recieve a $50 refund....YEAH!!!!!! That other machine shop might had well been COMCAST. For some reason my comcast bill creaps up $5 more every month. BASTARDS!!!!

milisakeracing

Sweet! Thanks for the update.

OT: Comcast is probably trying to get people to swap over to their bundled service....I have Charter here and they have creeped up as well. Finally cost the same amount to go with their bundled service which has the same channels, faster Internet connection plus a phone line, for the same price guaranteed for 12 months with no contract as it did for just the channels and the lower tier Internet connection we had. Not looking forward to switching over to HD when I upgrade the TV if it is going to cost more :(

SuperRunner

Went down there again today to drop off a couple cad files. They said they will do them sometime next week. So by Friday of next week I should be able to have them shipped off.

Jake Breyck

wow i just came on here looking for an update. looks like your refering to tommrow. if so that would be awsome, im egar to put my car togather. again thanks.

SuperRunner

Update:

Sorry, forgot that last week was Thanksgiving, so things got pushed back a week. There was some additional machining required on these flywheels because it seems my supplier is now using a different supplier and they are slighty different. Should not really add much to the cost at all though.

The machine shop said they would really try to punch them out by this weekend, but worse case scenario, early next week.

I would expect shipments to start going out by next Wednesday. The $50 refund is still pending and dependent on final production cost.

milisakeracing

Update:

Sorry, forgot that last week was Thanksgiving, so things got pushed back a week. There was some additional machining required on these flywheels because it seems my supplier is now using a different supplier and they are slighty different. Should not really add much to the cost at all though.

The machine shop said they would really try to punch them out by this weekend, but worse case scenario, early next week.

I would expect shipments to start going out by next Wednesday. The $50 refund is still pending and dependent on final production cost.
Thanks for the update! Is the final product balanced or should we be looking to get them balanced once we receive them?

SuperRunner

they have been balanced, previous to the machining. NOthing is being done that should effect the balance, but I will test a couple to make sure.

SuperRunner

Just got the call......THEY ARE DONE!!!!!

And the price they gave me....I WAS SHOCKED!!!!! I was getting raped before on price. I just hope the quality of the machine work is as good. These guy have top of the line equipment though.

$50 refund for EVERYONE who ordered the R series. $25 refund for anyone with the W series.

It will take me all week to get these shipped out, packing these things is a pretty big hassle.

Thanks for being patient with me on this one. From now on, the turn around time should be minimal.

V8_IS200_marcus

And the price they gave me....I WAS SHOCKED!!!!! I was getting raped before on price. I just hope the quality of the machine work is as good. These guy have top of the line equipment though.

$50 refund for EVERYONE who ordered the R series. $25 refund for anyone with the W series.

It will take me all week to get these shipped out, packing these things is a pretty big hassle.

Thanks for being patient with me on this one. From now on, the turn around time should be minimal.

Hi mate can you PM the Price of this with Shipping to UK :)

Thanks

milisakeracing

No, thank you for hunting down a better price and machine shop! I never expected a refund when I paid so it was a pleasant surprise when you first mentioned this possibility and now to confirm it as we approach the holidays....it is like you have given us a gift :) All this good news and only right after I just received my adapter plate today to bolt on the R154 tranny to the 1UZ. Now all I need to do is pick up a clutch kit and a Soarer R154 bellhousing so I can bolt it all together and start working on wiring and plumbing!

Jake Breyck

thats good news. thanks. sorry to be a pest, i just like being updated, that and my car will start going togather the second i rip open the box from you :)