Flywheel & Clutch for R150/R154

PARTS FOR SALE: Send an email to [email protected] for availability.

jerbear

Hi
I may be showing my ignorance in asking this, but here goes anyway. I have a 1991 Toy 4x4 x-cab with the 3.0 and manual 5 speed. If I want to install a 1UZFE into my truck and keep my stock tranny and transfer case I need what?
1) This clutch/flywheel setup only
2) This set up and a bellhousing to mate the 1UZFE to my tranny.

I want to do this swap, but I want to retain my stock tranny/transfer for the time being. I can't swing the $1300 for the kit from Dellows or Castlemaine. But if I am understanding you correctly even if I need your future bellhousing I could do this for around $750.00 Right?

Sorry to be such a noob, but I want to get everything together before I take my truck off the road.

Would any of whats going on here help me with my 1971 FJ 40 project? I would love to put a 1UZFE in that as well.

Thanks for the time.

SuperRunner

You need both a bellhousing and flywheel. And yes, I hope to sell the whole kit, including clutch for $750.

Yes, this would help with your cruiser project, if you wanted to do this engine.

ChrisV

I have Eric's adapter for the W58. Bolts up nicely but I need the clutch and flywheel. If this fits with the W58 and the added thickness of his adapter, I'll be needing one, as well. I don't need high power handling, as I doubt I'll see over 300 hp at the flywheel.

Just have to save up my pennies (in the middle of building a new garage and 2 story addition to the house...)

SuperRunner

Yeah, I don't know about the adapter piece. Seems like as long as you had a way to put the pilot bearing in the flywheel itself, it would probably work.

SuperRunner

Getting closer on the bellhousings. I just got a call from the machine shop today, parts for my jig are done for making my prototype. After I get the jig assembled, then I can make my first prototype, then make my mold.

Machine shops are crazy slow, and that is what is taking time.

Philly#1 Lex

Yes I am watching closely because I need to purchase, Bellhousing & Clutch setup. Still no figures on power holding capabilities of the clutch setup? Thanks:drillsergeant:

SuperRunner

Yeah, me too. I get all my mold supplies tomorrow, then I am awaiting my flanges from the water jet cutter. He said by this weekend, but we will see.

supradude117

You have a digital camera right? I'd like to see what you have so far. May be interested in the flywheel, clutch, and bellhousing. Depends on if I decide to do the swap this winter...

-Dave

SuperRunner

YIKES!!!

That would take at least at least 14" flywheel. You are not going to fit that behind a 1UZ unless you make the flywheel stick out into the bellhousing, but the ring gear would still have to fit ont he 12" flywheel.

Why not go with a Getrag with a tripple disk clutch. Probably be easier. You would have to make an adapter since a bellhousing is not an option for the getrag.