Flywheel & Clutch for R150/R154

1UZPWR

I think the 2UZ might be paired with an H series transmission. Still trying to find what site I read previously.

Off topic, am I blind, or is it not possible to edit old posts?

Edit button appears right after I submit this message, but I can't edit the one right above this one.

cribbj

"Supra" Moderator
Staff member
It's the vBulletin forum software; the ability to edit posts expires after a time (don't know how long). I think it's a safeguard against situations like "I didn't say that!"

PM me and let me know what you want edited and I'll take care of it.

1UZPWR

cribbj

"Supra" Moderator
Staff member
Landcruiser
98-02: I6 (1FZ-FE 4.5L ) : 5-speed manual & 4-Speed Auto
V8 (2UZ-FE) 4.7L : 5-Speed manual & 4-Speed Auto

Landcruiser
03-07 : I6 (1FZ-FE 4.5L) : 5-Speed manual & 4-Speed Auto
V8 (2UZ-FE 4.7L) 5-Speed Auto And 5-Speed Manual (option?)

I had one of those Landcruisers when I lived in Cairo from '98 to '99. It was the Mideast spec with heavy duty A/C, a frig in the console, and some other niceties. It was called the 4500 EFI model, which would lead you to believe it had the 4.5l six, but I'm pretty sure it had the V8. I didn't get to do any work on it myself, since it was a company car and we had drivers that looked after everything, but I know our driver was particularly proud of it, as it was outfitted better than most of the others. I certainly could be wrong, but I think it had the V8 in it; it definitely had the 5spd, and I remember it had a light clutch and was very easy to drive.

Here's a pic; what a honey of a truck that was:

4000GT

ding ding ding
that's correct.

ordered one up from the dealership on tuesday, and it arrived today.

5S flywheel bolt.
He doesnt seem to think he is supplying 4AGE or 5S bolts though, and its some kind of 3S generation, Im a bit confused by that to be honest.

1UZPWR

ya that i'm not sure on
but
what I got is completely identical to the supplied bolt, in every dimension

a reverse look up of the part showed that it's only used on the 5S, nothing else.

SuperRunner

I used to have a 1988 all-trac with a 3sgte engine. I had to replace the flywheel bolts. Those are the bolts I took out, that is why I even figured out they would work in the first place.

1UZPWR

Not out of the question that the parts are the same, but have a different part numbers. As you probably know, the late 80s is damn confusing for the 3S. I'm not even going to start, it's just stupid.

As far as I can tell, the 5S flywheel bolt is identical to the one I received from Rob. Identical in every dimension, and the dish in the head is identical too. If you need more, they've got 150 at the PDC in California. Of course, there's a slim chance that the bolt I received was picked wrong.

It's too bad the Toyota parts catalog has terrible pictures. It would be fun to just browse and look for potentially useful things.

SuperRunner

Or you can just get them from me. I have no markup, and I got them from Jay Marks, who gets them cheaper than pretty much anybody. I have like 300 if them at like $2 a bolt. Might have been slightly cheaper I will have to check.

91_4x4runner

Hey SuperRunner,

where do I need to send my money to get this kit for an R150F? I pm'ed you but never got a response.

Thanks, Eric.

1UZPWR

I dropped by the Toyota store again today, and got the parts person to do a better job of doing the reverse look up, and turns out the Celica bolt is the same part number, and yes you're right, your prices are much better, literally half as much. I don't remember the exact cost, but I think it was $4.xx a bolt.

oneshot onekill

hey wassup fellow supramen?!?!

Hey i got questions for people in this thread, jus kinda checkin up on things for the 1uz swap hopefuls like myself.
ls400 1uz? check
sc400 oil pan and pick up? DLB CHK
r154? check
custom flywheel? check

I NEEDZ ME SUM MOUNTS, BRAKE BOOSTER, AND A DADD GUMM WAYZ TA GET THIS F#^%^&N TRANS FITTED 2 MY 1UZ!!! :angryfire:

4 CJ SUPRA: Any updates on those pre-89 mounts?

What model year of the yota pickup brakebooster will I need to make this swap happen?

ANY1 know where i can get a 1uz bellhousing kit to fit my r154? Or know of someone selling r154 tranny adaptor kits for the 1uz?

1UZPWR

did you get a transmission with your LS?

take the bellhousing off the A340, and make a plate that goes between that and your R154. That's what I plan to do. I originally planned to use draw up a CAD file, and have it made at a machine shop, but instead I decided to buy a drill press, borrow a milling machine, and give it a shot myself.

Tacoma_Kyle

Attaching the slave cylinder will be the hard part, I would expect anyhow. Probably would have to weld a bracket to it, aluminum welders are spendy (unless you have access).

1UZPWR

The easy way out is to use a hydraulic slave cylinder, and adopt a push type clutch, instead of the pull type used with factory R154 applications.

It might suck setting it up the first time, but that only needs to be done once, and seen as his engine is out of the car, it'll be much easier.