Flywheel & Clutch for R150/R154

Lextreme

Just call me "Lex"
This message was posted for SuperRunner. Lextreme.com and Lextreme are NOT associated with this group buy.

I would like to set up a group buy for steel flywheel kits. It will come with a direct bolt on flywheel and clutch. Depending on what type of clutch is wanted will effect the price. They will be much cheaper than the AU clutch kits, and since I am based in the states, shipping will be much cheaper too. I also plan on selling bellhousings for W/G series transmissions, as well as R150/R154 tranmissions, at much reduced price as of what is on the market today.

The flyhweels will be ready imediatly, and the bellhousings will be soon to follow. Let me know what I need to do this.

I am having 2 of them made up right now, so I need to see how it goes before I commit to anything. A base flywheel/clutch kit would cost $325 + shipping, and depending on if you wanted a heavier duty clutch, that would just be added to the price. If you wanted to just get a flywheel and get your own clutch that would be fine. Flywheel's alone would be around $200. I would need 10 orders before I pumped these out.

Bellhousings are not done yet. I am not sure if I will need a group buy on those. It depends on how much I do vs outsourcing. The bellhousings will be around $350. I should be able to offer the bellhousings within a couple months.

Rob

Attachments

BARRY

i don't get it. to use a r154 or similar tranny you will need their bellhousing, clutch, and flywheel?

are the clutch and flywheel combo's compatible with other adapter kits? the description is much too brief.

SuperRunner

Ok, the group buy is READY!!!!

These will be compatible with W series and some R series transmission. I have not yet tested with the R154 yet, but they will work with my bellhousings when I complete them.

If you want the flywheels, they are available now, but only as a group purchase to help on manufacturing costs.

For the group buy, they will be $200 each. After the initial group buy, they will be $225-$250.

here is a picture and a video.

http://www.monster-performance.com/products/flywheel/flywheel_1uz.mpg

SuperRunner

BARRY said:
i don't get it. to use a r154 or similar tranny you will need their bellhousing, clutch, and flywheel?

are the clutch and flywheel combo's compatible with other adapter kits? the description is much too brief.
Yes, it will work with the R154. It will cost slightly more, about $50 more.

95yota4X4

so when the bellhousings are ready is it gonna come with the parts that come with the au version(clutch fork, throwout...) you can just pm me thanks interested but about 6-8 months out on my swap (1uz into a 95 4runner stock 3vz 5 speed)

BARRY

kind of offtopic, but does the r154 and v160 use the same clutch? they're both pull types with the same size friction surface.

SuperRunner

BARRY said:
kind of offtopic, but does the r154 and v160 use the same clutch? they're both pull types with the same size friction surface.
So very very different. I have a v160 flywheel, I will go take picture to compare.

The flywheel is a Meuller brand for 2JZGTE/V160. The original ring gear is not a large enough diameter to reach the starter.

Philly#1 Lex

So I can just buy a R154 from a MK3 supra and your kit will fit the 1UZ. Is cowboy Bebop adapter plate still usable or would it better to just get your bellhousing. If so put me on the list will there be complete package deals for the whole setup? Will you be offering transmission also? Sorry for all the questions. But put me on the notification list. Later

SuperRunner

It should work just fine with his adapter. But I can't verify that because I don't have one.

But I will put you on the list for when I have a complete package.

No I will not be offereing the transmission, sorry.