First Pics!! Modified 2uz-fe OEM cams

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
C

cowboy bebop

Wayne awesome Tundra will be the first to receive these hardwelded/ ground cams. Stay tuned for updates!

These particular cams are a 208, 208 @.050, and 354 lift.

Compare to stock 188, 194 @.050, and .314, .315 lift.

These are MUCH more aggressive. LOOK AT THAT QUALITY!

IMGA0905.jpg

IMGA0906.jpg

IMGA0907.jpg

IMGA0908.jpg

More pics

IMGA0909.jpg

IMGA0910.jpg

Attachments

• fuel-configuration-2.jpg
    fuel-configuration-2.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 3
  • fuel-configuration-1.jpg
    fuel-configuration-1.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 3
  • FPR.jpg
    FPR.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 3
Eric,

Please correct me if I'm wrong but as I understand it these cams are welded and reground to the new profile.

If this is the case please change the name of the Thread.

Noted gents, and the thread has been brought into compliance. These are hardwelded cams, as there are no 2uz nodular iron billets in existence as of yet. Either way, these are not for sale through the Lextreme.com, and serve only as an example to what Wayne Ryther and others are doing for their 2uz-fe.

Lextreme, that's a great price man! We can't even buy materials for that low. It sounds like a you have a good source for your work, have they produced working examples as of yet? I would love to see them when you have a chance.

Thanks guys,

Eric

We don't want to sell any because i havent try or test them out yet. I don't like to sell parts just because the specs sound great but rather how the part or parts work with other parts as an unit or as a system. We are still figuring out the valve, spring, bucket, shim, pistons clearance other issues before anything is solid. Hardweld and regrinding is just part of it, but how it work as a system is another story. Secondly, you should not disclose your customer first and last name. I think privacy is violated here too. By the way, how much power would these cams will gain? It would be nice if we can see some real numbers before someone putting out $2K for those cams.

The average USA cost for a person to walk into a machine shop with a single set of cams to regrind is $200-250usd a cam. So the average 4 cam is looking at around $800-1300usd by the time they do cams & if they do springs/shims/bucket conversions etc.
The lobes have been parkerized like any other cam.

It looks good to me. I mean, what is there to screw up when you are having a machinist make a cam? It all comes down to how good he is VS his understanding of the engine.

A dyno would be nice. If running back to back is out of the question, just a generic after dyno would be well enough. *with the admittance of if there is, or is not any management tuning*
Just to show off the basic change of the powerband curves.

Wayne has made it public knowledge in another thread that these are his cams.

rytherwr said:
My resurrected engine cam profile will be a lot different (.354 lift, 208 duration at .050 and 110/112 intake and exhaust LC) as well as a beefy bottom end, so I am looking at 7K as a reasonable redline for the new one.
Sounds like you've got it all worked out Lextreme, best of luck with those cams. Be sure to post them up when they're produced. I'm sure they will be areal assest to the community.

Lextreme said:
By the way, how much power would these cams will gain? It would be nice if we can see some real numbers before someone putting out $2K for those cams.
There's no such thing as a blanket power gain to be main stright from camshafts on a 100% stock engine, or any engine for that matter. However, more aggressive cams do open the door to much more HP and TQ when other modifications are employed. FWIW, Ivan Stewart's truck uses a profile a little less aggressive than these (204 @.050, .348 lift) , and his truck makes ~450HP, N/A w/ 9:1 CR, carbaurated, 6000rpm redline. But again, this may or may not be reflective of real world gains. Much depends on the tune, condition of the motor, ect...

Eric

I'll 'Fess up when complete

I will post all engine specs and dyno numbers when I get this thing back together, broken in and dyno-tuned...that won't be for a while but it will be apples and oranges, folks. I will have a radically modified engine so it won't make much sense to compare stock numbers with my end state. I will guarantee you one thing....it will be one of the most unique and powerful 2uzfe street engines around :mischievo :mischievo :mischievo

Wayne