Ferrari 360 for John Cribb

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

JBrady

Just because I knew how much you would "love" this car!!!

http://www.lsxtv.com/news/swap-insanity-ferrari-360-gt-powered-by-1000-horsepower-ls-engine/

dreamg2-640x426.jpg

Thanks John, you really know how to make my day :)

Kudos to the fabrication guys who managed to shoehorn that lump of a motor in there, but it's not my cup of tea, and it's certainly no longer a Ferrari.

The heart & soul of a Ferrari is its engine, and by changing that out, they've created a Frankenstein that lies somewhere between a kitcar and a 'Vette. Too, all the components in the Ferrari are fairly well matched to the engine and its output, and by doubling the size of the motor, not to mention supercharging it, this thing will have no end of drivetrain issues unless they've also swapped out the transaxle, driveshafts, etc.

But it's a good thing they did the swap with the 360 model, which has depreciated down to the $50K or $60K level, because by putting that engine in, the car's value has been diminished even further, even though it probably cost at least $30K to do the swap.

It would be interesting to see what that car would sell for on the open market now. My guess would be $40K-$50K tops, and then only because of the Lingenfelter name.

One of the big name tuners supposedly has a flat plane LSx going, and a guy on gt40s.com is building one for his SLC.

Why? flat plane with big cubes will just rattle to pieces in no time? Big cubes are for torque, not revs ....not that you cant rev cubes, but take cubic dollars as well

Ahhh... come on guys lighten up ;)

The story is that while tracking the 360 the engine blew up. How much is a new Ferrari engine??? So, for "fun" he decided to go this route. He doesn't appear to be cash flow challenged as a glimpse of his garage would suggest.

List of cars at time of "report"...

Ferrari 360 Challenge
Ferrari 360 GT (x2*)
Ferrari 360 Challenge Stradale
Ferrari F430 Spider
Lotus Exige
Pagani Zonda
Pagani Zonda Monza
Porsche GT3
Porsche GT3 RS
Porsche GT3 RS MK2
Porsche Carrera GT (x2)
Ruf R Turbo widebody (1 of 1)

Anyway, another pic and a link to the report and more pics if anyone cares.

g8.jpg

dreamg1.jpg

http://www.luxury4play.com/garage/72657-l4p-garage-month-february-edition.html