Fel-Pro Head Gaskets

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Smitherz

Here is a shot of my Fel-Pro head gaskets that I ordered recently. If I was a high roller I would have grabbed a set of multi-layer gaskets but I don't plan on boosting for a while and these are affordable. I ordered a gasket set that came with really crappy head gaskets that I threw away. These are much better quality.

fwf_hgaskets.jpg

Fel-Pro Lexus V8 1UZ 4.0L Engine 1990-1994
Part #9805PT (left hand) and #9806PT (right hand)

To add to it, Fel-pro is doing replacments for the factory MLS now also. and I dont know about by you, but here I can get them for about 55 each, but still prefer to spen a few more $ each and get them from toyota

Damn you guys!!!!!
Ok I'm probably going to throw down for a set of GS400 MLS. So what are the part numbers for those badboys? Or what year should I ask for exactly? That would be a nice feeling to have some snazzy factory gaskets. I know I'll probably be doing another 1UZ in the future so I guess I could save my Fel-Pro's for the next mild 1UZ I build. My current one is going to be pushing some ponies :147:. I want to hear what the 1UZ sounds like tuned with a rev limit of ohhhh, say 7500 rpm.

Ditto that statement.
Please understand Fel-Pro is world famous for their headgasket failures. Their OEM repalcement gaskets have generally always been nothing more than a cheap cardboard core, coatings on both sides to help seal the coolant passages, and a simply fire ring around the combustion chamber.

If you can't use OEM Toyota MLS gaskets, quality aftermarket MLS gaskets, or custom copper gaskets.

Then the next best thing would be Victor's NitroSeal's, which have graphite faces, and are rated out to static compression ratio's of 12-13:1 (unlike most replacement gaskets.)
Behind that would be non MLS OEM Toyota gaskets.