FD rx7 1uz with m122

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

1uzdrift

hello lads, i've been working on this for a while and i'm finally making progress, i'm not a mechanic or engineer and i've done most of the work myself so its a bit rough! but as long as it works i'll be happy!!

DSC_0116.jpg
this is the car before the rotary went pop

SAM_0538.jpg

SAM_0472.jpg
making the inlet manifold

SAM_0523.jpg
this is it just sitting in the engine bay, it sits further back when mounted

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited by a moderator:
Good work for having a go. I love that series of RX7...can see myself in an LS2 powered one..one day :)

What is it with Ireland and M122 powered UZs? I sold the M122 setup i made to a guy in Ireland....he stuffed it into an Aristo. A black one i think?

Nice project ....

are you going to use the brake without booster? It will be very hard.

you may try another type of servo or shift the pedals.

Nice project ....

are you going to use the brake without booster? It will be very hard.

you may try another type of servo or shift the pedals.

I'll try it and see, if its too hard i'll have to find some way around it, i could use a larger master cylinder off a van to give me more leverage.

Toyota Landcruiser uses a small servo for the clutch ... FYI

thanks for the info, i'll have to look into that,
I had a water leaking from behind the water pump so i am replacing the timing belt when i have it off,
I called the local toyota dealer to price a belt for a toyota celsior, but he hadn't even heard of one, off to a good start!

Good to see.

Might want to correct the title though to 1UZ

Have you got any more info / pics of the engine swap ?

Cheers

cheers lad, i didn't even notice that!
i'll take a few more pictures, the steering is causing me a few problems, i need to get it sorted before i can go drifting!

to compensate not having a brake booster you need a smaller master cylinder not a bigger one.the smaller ones create more pressure which will make up the difference of having no booster.the reason you upgrade to a bigger one when you do a front brake upgrade is to lower the preasure to compensate for the change in front to rear brake bias by inlarging the front brakes