Factory exhaust manifolds,

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Axis of Evil

New project time, saw a TR7 on Gumtree a few months back, I have owned two TR8s 20 years ago. so I know English clown cars when I see one.
First thoughts; Who in their right mind would want to get involved with one of them?
It was still available when I looked the day after, No sunroof, no rust, $1000, so I bought it.
I have bought a cheap Lexus LS430 for the drivetrain, body neglected, rest looks OK ,
Engine and 5 speed auto into the TR.
1UZ conversion has been done before so the drivetrain will fit-Though I have not seen one yet with a 3UZ,

Question ; Limited space around the engine, need to use factory exhaust manifolds. I have read most of what has been posted over the years, and the consensus seems to be that the factory ones are not great.
Cost is the main factor, don't want to spend big bucks on a clown car and I have 2 sets of factory ones already,
early 90's Soarer, and the ones off the LS430.
Opinions , what set is the best of a bad lot?
Whichever I use will have to be necked on the line and turned down for firewall clearance. (o2 sensors relocated after the weld.)

Attachments

• SC400 soarer_LI (2).jpg
    SC400 soarer_LI (2).jpg
    785.8 KB · Views: 12
  • LS430_LI.jpg
    LS430_LI.jpg
    919.8 KB · Views: 13
  • LS430 R_LI.jpg
    LS430 R_LI.jpg
    959 KB · Views: 10
I think the SC400 ones will flow a little better. Neither are great but when your a tight as you are even the headers would be a comprimise.

I'll vote for the 430 ones.

They look much nicer, from a flow point of view.

If you need a slightly different exit angle, break out the hacksaw and welder.

I'll vote for the 430 ones. They look much nicer, from a flow point of view. If you need a slightly different exit angle, break out the hacksaw and welder.

Thats where I get confused, the Soarer type 3+1 into one with a wobble along the first three, are reported as not real good ,but, they look like they have had a bit more thought put into the design compared to the 430LS type. Either way I need the exit to be pointing at the road. plus need to get the cats in the engine bay as well .
I will get the engine/steering shaft/rack in and see what fits the best, I have the LS430 type in the 928 , exhaust lopped, and cats weldedon to be one piece, very tight fit.