fabricating for supercharger

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Be interesting to see hom much boost a roots blower produces through all the pipework and IC considering it doesn't compress air - it just pushes it in.

The pipe work shouldn't affect boost. The supercharger will just see a huge intake manafold volume. There might be a bit of lag in building up the boost to full pressure due to the huge volume.

A question to you FI PEOPLE
Did your cars etc run very well without the rising rate fuel reg connected & on standard computer
I took my car down to the local Fuel station it was back firing etc & not going very well at all It ran a little better on the way back
& when I got home it was idling at 800rpm but sounding like it wasn't running on all 8
Joel said he thinks it will run a lot better with the Rising rate fuel reg installed
any advice is welcome

Does your setup have the cold start injector? Might idle like a pig without it. If you run an aftermarket ECU then you can use the stock injectors for idle and startup, you don't need the cold start.

Havn't tried without the rising rate under boost. It pings as it is. For normal driving and idle, if I remove the vacuum line to the rising rate reg, the car idles fine. I'll take if for a short drive tommorow and let you know. Aparantly the stock regulator is adequete upto 5psi.

Joel said I should set the rising rate at about 50 to 55 psi
I dont have my Unichip fitted yet
I plan to fit the rising rate Reg tomorrow
& I dont have the cold start injector anymore either

You don't need the cold start injector unless you're in a sub-zero climate. I don't have mine and it starts first go when I'm in Canberra on 0 degree morinings and idles fine.

Gazza, you using your idle control motor in the setup or not? Mine ran like sh*t when first started but I had fuels leaks and all sorts of issues first start. I ended up getting the cold start installed and the rear intake machined to take the stock idle motor. Runs like a dream apart from detonation up high.

If not, you got any error codes on the dash?

Without the idle speed control you'll struggle to get a good idle in all conditions. If it starts and idles well when cold then it'll idle too high when warm and if it idles when warm then it'll keep stalling when cold. This is what I found with my ITB's at least.

The cold start can be deleted with little conciquence. At normal temperature ranges, they are only turned on for no time (68*F coolant temp), 4 seconds at 32*F, 8 seconds at -4*F.

Attachments

• pics_blowers1.jpg
    pics_blowers1.jpg
    10.4 KB · Views: 17
Won't matter provided when the bypass valve opens, air dosn't flow in the reverse direction back through the AFM. This shouldn't be a problem for low boost applications. There is no blow off valve so what gets sucked stays in until used by the engine.

That's the best place if using the standard ECU as the air isn't compressed when it passes through the MAF, so it directly measures the extra air being pulled in. The Karmann Vortex MAF measures volume, not mass which is why it needs a temperature sensor in the MAF to work out density & hence mass.

There's a good read about different MAFs here:
http://www.annagarrison.com/MAFS.html

Had to go back to work for a couple of weeks
When I get home I will be fitting the idle speed control back on
I will be remotely fitting it & piping it to the plenum
then all should be good
Still 10 days till im home

I know this thread is older then the 1uz...but

Can someone tell me what manifolds are available for the M112 chargers?...Where does one look to buy one to fit the 1uz-fe motors that will mount up under a Soarer and of SC400?

Jordy what did that M90 1uz.. dyno after all was said and done...What psi are you running now with the M90 if you still have it? Jordy are you even still in contact with this forum?

Attachments

• car1.JPG
    car1.JPG
    60.8 KB · Views: 72
  • r 113.jpg
    r 113.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 144
  • r 114.jpg
    r 114.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 118
  • r 128.jpg
    r 128.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 50
  • r 115.jpg
    r 115.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 72
manifold

you can contact richwood technologies to get a semi-kit made up. it will come with manifold and all accessories. you will just need to supply the charger.

Attachments

• brake9.jpg
    brake9.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 12
  • brake1.jpg
    brake1.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 8
  • brake7.jpg
    brake7.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 11
  • Picture 017.jpg
    Picture 017.jpg