Exhaust mod.

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

simcom

Hello, everybody.

I have a question about exhaust modification. I would like to know which part Of exhaust should be off to gain some HP. I dont mean serious HP but maybe
5-10-15HP. As you know LS have 5 mufflers. Which one should I take off to gain something.Rear???or maybe Middle (replace with just a pipes)or maybe this first (single one).I know I should use new Y pipes...I know..but Is there any chance to gain Hp from replacing some o those componets I wrote ealier???. I would like to hear my LS more, because this V8 is too quiet for me. I dont want to have noise but smth I would like to hear.

Thanks in advance for any answers!!!

Cya

Simcon,

Search this section of the forum. There are some great posts on what to get rid of and what to leave until later.

You can also look at www.alsc.com.au (I think that is right) where they flow test each section of the exhaust so you know where the HP is being lost.

If I am wrong on the ALSC address just search for ALSC

Thanks. I found this what I was looking for.

Please correct me if I'm wrong:

Everything is stock to the cats. Than I have to replace those pipes after cat with 2 x2.25" pipes. Than I use Y pipe (inlets - 2.25, outlet 2,5) Than from 2,5 to the 3" resonator, after resonator I use still the same 3" pipe to another Y pipe (3 " inlet/2.25" outlets. Than I use 2.25 resonators and than 2.25 mufflers (borla for example)

But what are these resonators???? Muffler is muffler, resonator is resonator, so what is this. And where I can buy them.

I was thinking about applictation without resonators. In every place where is resonator I would use just a pipe. Is this OK, or resonators are needed (needed for power gain or for decreasing the sound level???

I must tell you I have never heared about resonators before. For me everythink what can be in the exhaust is muffler (middle or back) but muffler.

And if I have to use these resonators, is this possible to use middle (under the driveshaft) with only 2.5 dimention. What for is this change from 2,5 to 3" after first Y pipe. This 2.5 size wouldn't be enough size of everything insead of 3"????