Engine refuses to Rev.

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Are you positive the injectors continue to receive 12v when the engine starts.

Could you have a problem with the main EFI relay?

Does it die as soon as the starter disengages or does it run for a few seconds after you let the key go.

Sorry I don't know which wire is telling the ECU the igniters are firing. I can't imagine the ECU would know if a Coil was faulty.

I'd be testing each wire on an igniter to see what it does when the coil fires. You can rule out any wire to the igniter (unless it is spliced into a return wire to the ECU) plus the power to the igniter so really only 2 wires left other than tacho feed.

Of course when you find the problem you will kick yourself for not thinking of it earlier.

If you don't hurry your "summer" may have passed you by!

Are you positive the injectors continue to receive 12v when the engine starts.

Could you have a problem with the main EFI relay?

Does it die as soon as the starter disengages or does it run for a few seconds after you let the key go.

Sorry I don't know which wire is telling the ECU the igniters are firing. I can't imagine the ECU would know if a Coil was faulty.

I'd be testing each wire on an igniter to see what it does when the coil fires. You can rule out any wire to the igniter (unless it is spliced into a return wire to the ECU) plus the power to the igniter so really only 2 wires left other than tacho feed.

Of course when you find the problem you will kick yourself for not thinking of it earlier.

If you don't hurry your "summer" may have passed you by!

It presently dies just as soon as the starter disengaes although previously it at least idled, albeit roughly.

I'll check the 12v feed to the injectors when the engine fires but the feed to the ignition and injection comes from a common constant switched feed from the ignition switch whcih also turns on the fuel relay.

Hence when the fuel pump is running the injection system and the ignition suysrem are getting a 12v feed from the same source as which turns on the fuel pump relay. This feed is live in run.

I'm sure I will give myself a good headsmack when I find it.

Its especially galling when my Cobra build buddy and I had arranged and booked the accomodation in three weeks time to take the two Cobras down to the South of France via a nice meandering route taking in the Verdun gorge and the Route Napoleon. Two weeks of Cobra touring in the sun. Now all our dreams have come to nought.

We are still going, but instead of two Cobras its going to be in the Mrs modern Cadillac CTS which is somewhat of a disappointment.

Well it is to us two, but the respective Mrs are, I think, a bit relieved. We tend to be a bit "spirited" in the Cobras and female feathers have been previously known to be ruffled.

I think have the dubious honour of being the holder of the biggest speeding fine given to a Cobra driver in France some years ago....some Euros 835 in total..........I was still in third gear at the time btw.

Cheers,

Tony

Tony,

It's plod forward time and rule out one cause after another.

If the Missus doesn't like her hair ruffled she can ride in the boot!

I have to say I'm right out of ideas but look forward to you feedback as it may prod some long dormant answer in an old brain.

enjoy S France, even in a Cad

my fav area for fast driving in France is in the (north) east,
the Italy/France border area

the highway system is out of this world, very very little traff. on great roads
the scenery is fantastic (mountain area) this is a an area where you can
play in the 230-270 range if you have the car and wallet for it

you know just east/south of the Alps closing on Albertville