Engine Build Up (II)

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Interrnal gates on twins work o.k..
He trouble merging the primeries..
The easy way is to weld the middle together and fit a collector over all four pipes, so they can be welded easier...
The dump pipe is going to have a decent bend on it...
Good work...
My exh housing is facing to the rear....

Got some news. The heads are being port and mildly polish. The cams are almost done and Valves are coming in. Hopefully we can get things going with 3 weeks.

Here are some picture of the head that is partially ported and we have long way from finishing it.

Remember these heads are not done yet.

heads%20001.jpg
heads%20004.jpg
heads%20006.jpg
heads%20008.jpg

I took the guides out and got little carried away.. I took more out of the top of the port about where gasket line is..
I see one of the exhaust port bridges has a crack in it too...
One of mine has also...
I'll have to shorten the guides due to extra valve lift..
Alloy really comes up nice when you go over porting with a polishing wheel.. I took the attitude that if I stuffed the porting up I could buy another engine, but all seems well so far....
So much to do in so little time....It seems..

Turbo oil pickup

I needed somewhere to add an aftermarket electric oil pressure gauge and pulled the bung out of the end of the filter block, drilled a little hole, silver brazed the threaded bung on and presto! I had to slightly grind the corners off an allen key to tighten it up, but with some loctite pressure seal - voila.

This could be another alternative for fitting turbo oil feeds with a bit of thought. I couldn't fit the gauge on the end of where I had fitted the Tee and braided lines and I didn't want all that weight hanging out - a major oil leak is terminal in a very short time for an engine.

What do you think?

BTW - is the pickup on the filtered side or unfiltered? Just wondering as if it's unfiltered the turbo would always be getting dirty oil?

turbo oil drain back

With a steel sump, I was able to silver braze a !/2 in Tee fitting to the front, now I've realised my feeds from the turbos are 3/4 in so I'll have to replace it with a bigger one. Oh well!

eh turbo

I'm not aiming for Justen's celica figures as I haven't got his budget, I'm after torque and fun in a daily driver. 300rwkw and 600nm should be nice and achievable (with normal driving of 250rwkw on lower boost) and the Tiptronic will make it fun.

Ed

what are u hp goals na? and when turbo?

awesome build

Shot of my engine with pipe rewelded straighter

I'm not aiming for Justen's celica figures as I haven't got his budget, I'm after torque and fun in a daily driver. 300rwkw and 600nm should be nice and achievable (with normal driving of 250rwkw on lower boost) and the Tiptronic will make it fun.

Ed

This is a shot of my EH Holden engine with pipe rewelded straighter, the old pipe snamed around and got in the way of a big custom radiator.