Engine Build Up (II)

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Good to see the collectors being put to good use :). That thing is going to be sick.

The reason why the prices went up from 80 to 120, is because the demand at 80 is way too high and I had no time to make them all and do the other projects. At 120 for stainless it's still an amazing deal for a collector like that.

I also offer mandrel bends at a very low price, 90% of the time it's lower than what you would find on racing solutions.

Again I am really glad to see the collectors put to good use.

Ok,

Finally got the headers back from my welder. They tig most of it and mig some of it. Since they had a hard time reaching the inner areas. I have them weld all the pipes together and close if off at the middle of the headers. Other than that, its almost impossible to weld all of them. We had to compromised and it turned out to be pretty good. I also temporary welded two brackets for the headers to support the weight. I have one turbo now (T3 T04E) and one coming T3 T04S. I will exchange the T04E with T04S. The seller either misprint or send me the wrong one.

Here are some pictures I just took:
Twin_Turbo_SC400_Lexus%20001.jpg
Twin_Turbo_SC400_Lexus%20007.jpg
Twin_Turbo_SC400_Lexus%20005.jpg
Twin_Turbo_SC400_Lexus%20008.jpg
Twin_Turbo_SC400_Lexus%20009.jpg
Twin_Turbo_SC400_Lexus%20016.jpg

I would like to install 3 V Bands on each headers for easy install and uninstall. We will see.

Pro,

Thanks for asking. The turbos will be 4" inlet. The intake pipe will be very similar to the Ford GT40TT
jfgtdyno05.gif

Two turbos will share a Y 4" inlet similar to the above picture. If the turbos are too close, I can always rotate them outward a little to perhaps clear the compressor and inlet pipe.

David, that's really compact & nice looking, but what's your plan for wastegate flanges? I didn't see any on the headers?

Are you going to just mount the WG's between those header outlets and the turbos, or ???

John

John,

I am glad you asked that question. As for WG will run two HUGE possible 60mm. The reason why I use very large WG is to help reduce exhaust restriction since I have small A/R. The left side the WG will fit under the header and the right side the WG will be on top of the header. JBrady and I had a long discussion about a year ago about small A/R large compressor with large WG combo. The large WG will modulate the restriction at high rpm.

John,

I am glad you asked that question. As for WG will run two HUGE possible 60mm. The reason why I use very large WG is to help reduce exhaust restriction since I have small A/R. The left side the WG will fit under the header and the right side the WG will be on top of the header. JBrady and I had a long discussion about a year ago about small A/R large compressor with large WG combo. The large WG will modulate the restriction at high rpm.

Gotcha, I still don't see the flanges for them, but I guess you haven't welded them on yet? I'm sure it'll all become clear as it progresses. Good luck - that's going to be a nice compact setup. Can't wait to see the intake side and the intercooling.

John

Don't go big just for the sake of big.....size your wastegate as required. If you go too big you'll get horrible surge....what happens is your massive gates start to open and you lose your exhaust gas velocity, your small turbine stallas and you lose boost, wastegate slams shut and boost builds very quickly but again the wastegate opens and you lose boost...so the cycle continues.

I had this issue with my 300kw 4cyl when i ran a 45mm Tial gate, just too big. I ended up machining a sleeve to slow down the gas release thru the wastegate when it 1st cracked open.

Bear in mind that i only run twin 35mm gates on my TTUZ and that's heaps for 500kw. Twin 60mm gates is what you would need if you were chasing 1500+kw :)

Justen,
I was thinking of 46 or 50 mm. Compact but yet still have good flow.

John,
I can not make the wastegate yet until I am done with the down pipes and V bands.

Twin 46mm Tial gates is as big as i would go. If you get the flow path right that's enough wastegate control for well over 1000hp...like i said, i only use fairly small 35mm gates and they aren't holding me back yet.

Gangs,

The heads are being made. Porting the heads, over size valves and stage II cams. Should be done in 3 weeks or so. After its going into my SC400 and run it NA for a while until the twin turbo goes in.