Engine Build Up (II)

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
David you mad man!!!!.....A built SC470TT wow!!!!!!!! .....I am in awe and impressed with your willingness to explore and go where no man has gone before.... Good work, it sounds like this build of yours is going to be a real monster.......4 digit horsepower possibly?

David you mad man!!!!.....A built SC470TT wow!!!!!!!! .....I am in awe and impressed with your willingness to explore and go where no man has gone before.... Good work, it sounds like this build of yours is going to be a real monster.......4 digit horsepower possibly?
Dude... where have you been? This project has been going on for about 12 months now....Willingness to explore and go where no man has gone before is not true. I am just a learner. I learn from doing it. Most of the times I failed and once a while I get lucky. I guess this block swap deal is the first that I know of. Here you can read more about the process of 2UZFE Block Swap

Dude, I have been hanging out in the "General Discussions" section of Lextreme. I seldomly venture into these highly intellegent forum sections where I get lost and confused on a regular basis.....Sorry bro, I lost track of this rude project of yours. Thought maybe you were just talking about it and not doing it.......

Davey, don't be so modest...Take credit for your efforts...I think "To boldly go where no man has gone before" should be your new slogan....LS400T, SC470TT, what's next? The Lexus Space shuttle with a TTT warp drive system?.....:cool2:

Dude, I have been hanging out in the "General Discussions" section of Lextreme. I seldomly venture into these highly intellegent forum sections where I get lost and confused on a regular basis.....Sorry bro, I lost track of this rude project of yours. Thought maybe you were just talking about it and not doing it.......

Davey, don't be so modest...Take credit for your efforts...I think "To boldly go where no man has gone before" should be your new slogan....LS400T, SC470TT, what's next? The Lexus Space shuttle with a TTT warp drive system?.....:cool2:

no, its a 3UR with matter/anti-matter injection:yeah:

i would love to do an NA 3UR with 12:1 compression, race cams, ITBs, and every anti-heat and anti-friction coating known to man, on ever surface in the engine that practical. and then hook that up with a built Porsche transaxle in a blue Ultima GTR.:saevil:

Some new updates on the build.

I finally got my alternator relocated with an additional pulley. The additional pulley was from my timing belt pulley. I also finally finished my engine mounts. The upper and lower plates arrived today and tig welded both inside and outside fo the mount for extra insurance. I also painted the mounts for protect from rust. Here are some pictures of the alternator.

Here is a close up picture of the timing belt pulley. It needs little modifications but it fits nicely.
attachment.php

You can see the clearance between the serpentine belt tensioner housing and the alternator housing. Its a tight fit
attachment.php

Here is the belt installed with the new route. It also provide very good belt contact too.
attachment.php

Here is a close up of the pulley I made.
attachment.php

Here is a picture of the 2uzfe engine mount I created. This is not the best thing u see, but its one of a kind.
attachment.php

The 3/8" mild steel were tig weld both inside and outside for extra strength.
attachment.php

Hey James,

Thanks bro. You came by my house last week and you were the first person witness the build in person. I was going to start the snails but the turbo flanges (above picture). However, I was expecting the exhaust outlets were 1 1/2" but they were 1 5/8". Its little big for my application. So I have to wait until next week.

I also received an alternator relocation bracket. This is a beauty.
attachment.php

I also got a 20 mm fine thread bolt for stablized the bracket via the hydralic pressure sensor.
attachment.php

attachment.php

Hey David, some great engineering work! Looking good! I've got my engine about 2/3 back together...waiting on 2 dumb valve adjusting shims before I can put the other cams in. For some reason, they seem hard to get. Anyhow, you are da MAN!!!

Wayne

David, did you build or buy the collectors? I realize the plate to the turbo is likely custom, but those collectors look good for my application.

No I got those collectors (Thanks to JBrady for his connection) from Mazzuri Super for $80 each. Today the price went up to $120 and they are regularly for $160 each. Burns have very similar collectors for about $350. So I got lucky on that one. Its amazing the price jump from $80 to $120 in couple of days.

Hey Pro,

My mate own a junk yard and he has 3 2uzfe rebuildable shortblocks Perhaps I can hook you up withone. Just pay for the shipping.

Pro,

I do a little international shipping for work, if you want to follow up on David's kind offer, let me know, I may be able to reduce freight costs. Of course there will need to be a block for me... :)

David,

Are you planning to make a support brace from the turbo mounting flange to the front of the block somewhere to help support the weight of the turbos?

By the way, I got all of my pipes from our sponsor Racing-Solutions. If you need any mandrel bends or fab materials, please contact Adam and tell him you are from our site. I think the discount password is lextreme5 (during the check out on their online store). They are the lowest price on the net plus an additional 5% off if you type in Lextreme5. Check it out when u have a chance. I got the 10 bends package kit and (10) 45 degree bends The above two packages and the a set of collector merge pipes will do the job.

Jibby: I made everything except the merge collector pipe. Call me..

Very nice. Too bad there is probably not enough room for equal length.

Actually, on an application like this it is best to use minimum length runners and not worry about tuning length.

Long runners (32"-34" give or take) are best for low RPM power/torque and ideal tuning length decreases with RPM. On a turbo engine it is response that trumps tuning length so shorter runners that do not dissapate heat as much are better at spooling the turbo. High RPM is more concerned with flow and these look very good for directional flow.

Attachments

• CIMG0292.JPG
    CIMG0292.JPG
    72.6 KB · Views: 11
  • CIMG0293.JPG
    CIMG0293.JPG
    78.6 KB · Views: 7
  • CIMG0294.JPG
    CIMG0294.JPG
    64.3 KB · Views: 6