Engine Build Up (II)

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Lextreme II

Just call me "Lex"
Ok,

Its finally here. Just pick-up my 2UZFE shortblock for my SC470TT project. This engine is a work of art. Here are the specs.

Block: Tundra 2UZFE 4.7 Iron block
Crank: 1uzfe crank
Main: 4 bolt main from 1uzfe VVTi conversion
Rods: Eagle ESP 3D H Beam with L19 ARP bolts Atomic Speedware Sponsored
Pistons: Custom Ross forged 8.5:1 Compression
Pins: Heavy duty Ross pins
Rings: Total Seal heavy duty custom rings
Bolts/Studs: ARP 11 mm main bolts (4 per main)
Head Studs: 7/16" drilled and taped

The engine also got VIP service. TLC everywhere..
* Hot Tank
* Align Bore (.02" over)
* Align Hone
* Deck
* Power Hone
* Convert to 4 bolt
* Pin fit rods
* Resize
* Balance Assembly
* Grind Crankshaft
* Full Assemble

Here are some pictures....
Lexus_2uzfe_Lextreme_SC470TT%20001.jpg
Lexus_2uzfe_Lextreme_SC470TT%20002.jpg
Lexus_2uzfe_Lextreme_SC470TT%20005.jpg
Lexus_2uzfe_Lextreme_SC470TT%20007.jpg
Lexus_2uzfe_Lextreme_SC470TT%20008.jpg
Lexus_2uzfe_Lextreme_SC470TT%20016.jpg
Lexus_2uzfe_Lextreme_SC470TT%20019.jpg
Lexus_2uzfe_Lextreme_SC470TT%20020.jpg
Lexus_2uzfe_Lextreme_SC470TT%20012.jpg
Lexus_2uzfe_Lextreme_SC470TT%20009.jpg

Here some more pictures. I mock fit the SC400 oil pan and oil pickup. Its a perfect fit. I will slow build it up in my Area 51 (garage) and keep update with pictures and discriptions. Like John Cribb stated. I am the bumble bee.....:)

Lexus_2uzfe_Lextreme_SC470TT_Oil_Pan%20001.jpg
Lexus_2uzfe_Lextreme_SC470TT_Oil_Pan%20002.jpg
Lexus_2uzfe_Lextreme_SC470TT_Oil_Pan%20003.jpg
Lexus_2uzfe_Lextreme_SC470TT_Oil_Pan%20005.jpg

Here is a picture of the 7/16" ARP head stud. I will be using 7/16" instead of 10 mm head studs.
Lexus_2uzfe_Lextreme_SC470TT_Studs%20001.jpg

Actually the Tundra has 3.31" stroke with 3.70" bore. That will give exactually 4.6657 liter or 4665.7 cc. The bore I have is 3.72" with 3.25" stroke and the net is 4.630 liter or 4630.8 cc. Not much difference. I want little bid more rev by using the 1uzfe crank.

Here is Paul Carey's 2UZFE racing motor. I this this motor will be supercharge and Alcohol Injection. I think Paul can give us more details.... but this is some serious stuff...

Picture # 1:
Lower Manifold with a 32mm spacer (with o-rings either face) and 25mm top plate. Made this high for nozzle access, and for blower belt length.

Picture # 2:
One nozzle per cyl for idle, one for above 5,000rpm with a three stage
check valve system.

Picture # 3:
Fully grouted 2UZFE block with o-ring groves cut.
Decked, honed, line bored, 4 bolt main conversion.
Solid copper head gaskets.

Picture # 4:
Standoffs for crank support (unfinished). A large inner
bearing as per Pro-mod cars to be fitted.

Picture # 5:
6100 ally sump by aircraft welder. External Peterson oil pump.
Internal baffles, windage tray, and flapper doors.

Picture # 6:
Top plate view - 8 x 3/8 bolts hold it all together. Blower studs have inserts installed
in plate first.Extensive porting in manifold and port areas for high flow.
Rocker covers have been powder coated candy red.

Wow!

H-m-m-m-m...Looks like people don't know the rarity of what you have there, David. Looking great! Mine has been complete for a while but I didn't have a free engine stand as I was in the process of building the '71 Z car, the video of which I just sent you. Will post pics when I get the motor home. Interestingly, when I changed to the L-19 rod bolts, I only had about .020 clearance between them and the block (heads are bigger than the 2000's) so I asked my machinist to take it apart and cut the block another .030 so I could end up with .050 clearance....I know I will do something stupid with all that power and I want room to spin that baby. :006: :006: :006: Later.

Wayne

Rarity is the word. I think this is the first 2uzfe with 1uzfe heads. Turbonectics made one with VVTi heads. We will see how it will come out.

Attachments

• Image(110) (WinCE).jpg
    Image(110) (WinCE).jpg
    6.6 KB · Views: 10
Ok,

Finally got the crank pulley 22 mm bolt out. My compressor wasn't strong enough. Had to struggle for few days on it until my buddy Joey from www.sparkracing.com gave me a hand on it. Got all the parts out from the SC400 engine and slow installing them into the 2uzfe block.

The oil pump when in very smoothly. All of the studs and bolts from the SC400 worked on the 2uzfe block. The size and pitch are interchangeable. After the oil pump when in, I also install the water pump along with the timing belt pulleys. So far everything when very smooth.

After the front portion of the engine when so well, therefore I also started the oil pickup. The oil and water pump I mock fit it first with bolts on before applying silicon seal. However, I forgot to do the mock process and paid a dear price on it. The oil pick pan fit perfectly, but the 2uzfe take 8 mm at 1.25 pitch. The stock 1uzfe block takes 6 mm bolts. So the oil pickup installation was unsucesseful. I need to drill the oil pickup pan holes little bigger from 6 mm to 8 mm. I will have to clean-up all the silicon before installation. Here are some pictures...

Picture # 1: Oil pump installed

Picture # 2: Turbo oil supply

Picture # 3: Closer look of the oil supply fittings

Picture # 4: Water pump installed

Picture # 5: Oil Pick pipe installed

I will pickup some 8 mm bolts tomorrow and hopefully I can finish the oil pickup and oil pan.

Wayne,

I think you are way ahead of me. My heads are not even started yet. I still havn't decide what valve or cams to have. Secondly I also need to modify the head 10 mm holes to 7/16". I think I will mod the holes first and test fit everything.

Hopefully the oil pan will be sucessful installation. After that will the engine mount. As you know now the 1uzfe engine mount housing is NOT Bolt on to the 2UZ block.

WD,

No car yet. My goal is to build the motor first, then twin turbo. Once its done and will shop for a beat up/broken engine SC400. The price of the car is always going down so why rush it and let it sit a couple of years or so. Engine parts prices going up daily. So the sooner I build it the cheaper it is.

I make some mods to the oil pickup pan today. The block below is done and sealed. I partially clean up the heads and intakes and mock fit it into the 2uzfe block. Its a perfect fit...... Here are some pictures.

free advice: teflon thread tape + oil system = very bad idea ;)

i think this will be the last time i mention it ;) youre free from my torment now... !

cheers
ed

i know its labourious, but id hate to see you have an engine failure from something so simple.

use anything else ;)

my recommendation:
loctite

I agree with ed, loctite works well...I've used it as a sealer/locker many times...the Japanese gray sealer they use on all their engines is good in that environment also.

Wayne

Thanks Ed and Wayne,

I will get some today and redo the oil inlet and return system. Got sometime last night when my kids were sleeping. I installed Wolfkatz Fuel rails with Adephi 1000 cc injectors. Here are some pictures.

I think the biggest challenge with this hybrid combo would be the engine mount housing. The 1UZFE engine mount is slightly different then the 2uzfe housing. The holes are about 1/2" further apart and I might need to make an adaptor plate to mate with 1uzfe engine mount housing. I will have some pictures to compare the twon housings when I recieve the sample from Wayne. Secondly would be the heads. Still deciding the valve size along with cams. That going to be a while I am sure of that.

David, that is lookin' B-A-DDD! Looks like you could suck a small baby through there ...you may have to move to GA so you can afford the petrol for that baby...:O)

have you considered 2uz heads to take advantage of that extra flow? i think would be cheaper and easier than messing with custom valves, etc.