Embarasing Story

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

ABDULLAH D AFGHAN

Ok guys most ppl like to post their kill stories, well here is a story of me getting beat.
So the other day I was at a stop light at a major intersection here and guess what there was two girls in an Oldsmobile Alero. The driver was revving her engine and inching forward and wanted to race. So we raced and guesswhat? I LOST. :cussing:. I even left earlier than they did and still they caught up easily and beat me to the next stop. The next stop again we raced and I floored it and LOST again becuz i gave up when the speed reached 100mph.
I have no mods just 205 Dynomax Bullet Center muffler, 2.25 Hi Flow resonators and 2.25 Magnaflow Mufflers exhaust. Everything before the First Y is stock. Anyways who cares I lost and Im pissed. I have a 93 LS.

Well it's time to get some more mods then my friend......

Been there done that.... Without boost or nitro you just aren't going to beat much of anything in your 93 LS400... Small liter V8 motor and heavy car equals = well, I guess you know what......

So now you're gonna go super sleeper but have a GT42 under the hood and 25lbs of boost right? Better throw a better transmission in while you're at it.

All in all though, its just a race. Go lighter, get more power and smoke em.

I just dont understand how this can happen.
How is it possible. Here is the Engines available in Oldsmobile Alero
Years Engine Power Torque 2002-2004 2.2 L Ecotec L61 I4 140 hp (104 kW) 150 lb·ft (203 N·m) 1999-2001 2.4 L LD9 I4 150 hp (112 kW) 155 lb·ft (210 N·m) 1999-2004 3.4 L LA1 V6 170 hp (127 kW) 210 lb·ft (285 N·

Attachments

• gauges.jpg
    gauges.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 8
Well, you heard their engine revving... and you heard it pass you by.

Did it sound stock? The number of people driving not-stock cars is getting bigger by the day.

Abby - Years ago when my 1992 Lexus SC400 was bone stock I lost a close race to a big rig, 18 wheeler with a full cargo load going up hill... (just kidding of course)...:07:

However, In all honesty I did lose a race to a stock automatic 4.6 Mustang convertable years ago... It pulled on me and that is when I said it's time to make my Sc400 faster.. I felt ashamed, embarrassed, upset, angry, and sick to my stomach, etc....:puke:

That was the turning point...

Now I lose to Corvette's, Vipers, GTR's, etc...and I still get that same feeling sometimes...:eek13:

Actually, at least I come close to hanging now with some of those cars and that makes me feel fuzzy and warm inside...:18:

I just dont understand how this can happen.
How is it possible. Here is the Engines available in Oldsmobile Alero
Years Engine Power Torque 2002-2004 2.2 L Ecotec L61 I4 140 hp (104 kW) 150 lb·ft (203 N·m) 1999-2001 2.4 L LD9 I4 150 hp (112 kW) 155 lb·ft (210 N·m) 1999-2004 3.4 L LA1 V6 170 hp (127 kW) 210 lb·ft (285 N·
That's normal. I lost to several 200 hp V6 cars when my SC was stock. The LS is a heavy car. 500 - 700 lbs is a lot different. You can't really win many cars with it from a stop nowadays. But if you have the LS on a highway, you can have the advantage because that's where its power comes to play. The 1st mod that can give you the advantage at a stop is to get the rebuilt high stall torque converter. It'll transfer the power to the wheels much quicker and eliminate the sluggish of the LS/SC trannny. My personal experience is about 1/4 to 0.5 second quicker than the stock torque converter. Lextreme has a very affordable and pretty good performance TC. Check out his product section for it.

If you're not going for the boost, then perhaps a true cold air intake, a SAFC ECU tuning will yield an addtional 10 rwhp. That's about 13 bhp. My friend installed the SAFC with the tuning and he gained that impressive hp. With the exhaust that you have plus the above simple mods, you can gain a little more than 20 rwhp. Plus is the complete major tune-up with hot sparkplugs. With the high stall TC, your car will become much livier and can hang with or perhaps win a lot of new V6.

Jibby what mod would you say gave you the most benefit?

Well since you already took care of the mid and back half of your exhaust system I would say you would now benefit most from a nice set of headers and straight down pipes...

This will not help with your painfully slow off the line starts though... However, your mid to topend power should increase noticeably... Not a cheap mod though are the headers and custom down pipes for the LS400..

However, if you want to start burning a little rubber off the line from a dead stop then I would say a torque converter change would be your best bet... Your car will jump 0-30mph... However an agressive stall rate will take away just a bit of your topend power... It's a bit of a give and take mod..

I would say look into headers and a torque converter change if you want your N/A LS400 to become spunky...

Don't know if you have reworked your intake yet with the BFI design?... That is free and may give you a couple more ponies... Upgrading the intake is no biggie on these cars as the stock intake design already flows decent.....

Too make it respectively fast Abdul you will ultimately need to boost the motor.. Turbo or supercharge it and then your in business...... You will then start to win races rather then lose them...

Change the final drive !!
It gets heavy cars moving !!
I guess the Supra's have a lower final drive ??

Attachments

• coated-header 001.jpg
    coated-header 001.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 271
  • coated-header 002.jpg
    coated-header 002.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 271
  • coated-header 003.jpg
    coated-header 003.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 270
  • coated-header 004.jpg
    coated-header 004.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 270
  • coated-header 005.jpg
    coated-header 005.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 271
Hmmm. I am a lateral thinker...

You said: "there was two girls in an Oldsmobile Alero"....

And you WANTED to win?

Why?

More points if you LOOSE.....

Hmmm. I am a lateral thinker...

You said: "there was two girls in an Oldsmobile Alero"....

And you WANTED to win?

Why?

More points if you LOOSE.....
I guess it was just a little fun for him to test out the car. Girls or guys that doesn't matter. Girls drive crazier than guys nowadays. LOL.

Attachments

• plug.jpg
    plug.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 130