Eliminating cats

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

tappet

I have a 1uz in a hilux for off road racing, and I am at the exhaust stage of the project.
I have searched older posts and the internet for info on cats and o2 sensors and have not found anything really helpful.
As this car will never be driven on roads can I eliminate the cats and rear o2 sensors?
I was hoping to exit the exhausts at the back of the cab out the sides.
Any thoughts?

Every 1uz I have removed cats and sub o2 sensors and no check light. We don't have to run them in most road conversions over here.

Yeah, but is the 2nd o2 just a tattle-tale light, or does it affect mixture programme (like making it go rich for instance)... Would be nice to ditch the secondary O2 and take the wires out of the harness if not needed.

Secondary o2s are cat performance operation monitoring. Removal does not effect the mixture on early engines and first series of VVti. All later VVti and 3uz I have been able to fit the subs , but I fit them on small extensions.

Sub o2's are gone, cats are gone and I have cut the flanges off the ends of the manifolds as the flanges were hitting the chassis.
I have welded 500mm of 50mm tube to the end of the manifolds which puts me in a clear area between the gearbox and chassis.
At the moment I am going to run the car N/A It is will be used for dirt racing and occasional skids on a pad.
Later on the car will get forced induction. At the moment though being N/A , I would like to get the exhaust sorted right.
So is it possible to exit the exhaust out to the side just behind the cab with mufflers and keeping the pipes in 50mm diameter?
Or do I really need a crossover pipe, tailpipe etc. to get the best performance ?

Sub o2's are gone, cats are gone and I have cut the flanges off the ends of the manifolds as the flanges were hitting the chassis.
I have welded 500mm of 50mm tube to the end of the manifolds which puts me in a clear area between the gearbox and chassis.
At the moment I am going to run the car N/A It is will be used for dirt racing and occasional skids on a pad.
Later on the car will get forced induction. At the moment though being N/A , I would like to get the exhaust sorted right.
So is it possible to exit the exhaust out to the side just behind the cab with mufflers and keeping the pipes in 50mm diameter?
Or do I really need a crossover pipe, tailpipe etc. to get the best performance ?

I did cross over, dual mufflers and side exit just ahead of the rear wheels... fit fine on the LS, though not a lot of extra room. Its a race car, but could probably get away with that setup on the street - its not too loud.

Secondary o2s are cat performance operation monitoring. Removal does not effect the mixture on early engines and first series of VVti. All later VVti and 3uz I have been able to fit the subs , but I fit them on small extensions.

Thanks.. My newest motor is a VVTi from a US 1998 GS400 - I presume that counts as early?

sorry i sold the hilux 5 or 6 years ago pretty cheap and the pics were on my old website
which has been updated once i moved to qld
was nothing special just nice and neat

sorry i sold the hilux 5 or 6 years ago pretty cheap and the pics were on my old website
which has been updated once i moved to qld
was nothing special just nice and neat
Yeh, its a funny thing with a forum like this.
I had never heard of a 1uz until recently, and putting one into a Hilux at the moment is quite involved for me.
Some of you had done this 10 or more years ago. I do give you guys credit though for still being on the forum giving newbies such as myself advice.
Cheers.