electric flex-a-lite cooling fan for SC400 HP gains

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
OEM Belt should work I have not checked since i do not have an a/c compressor on the motor. If the belt is a bit smaller or bigger it's less trouble to bolt up a factory Toyota idler then messing the aftermarket pulleys and having to size a belt. The reason I chose the 2uz idler is that it's cheaper then the LS400 idler and it comes with a pulley unlike Ebay offerings. I like to use Toyota parts whenever possible since they are excellent quality, often better quality than things that can be found in the aftermarket.
All 2uz engines in the USA came with this idler, any toyota dealer will be able to order it for you.

F.Y.I. I did a hydraulic to electric fan exchange. If you have an a/c all you need is a 17.5 in. shorter serp. belt, which i got at the local auto parts. You just don't put it over hydraulic pump pulley, and it works great.

If you skip the idler you will minimal grab on the crank... A replacement idler in place of the hydro pump is a good idea especially if your plans are to boost the motor...You will need all the belt crank grab you can get...

Not fun having a slipping serp belt...

I would like to mention that I hooked up my electric fans to my ignition wire and melted the wire a couple of weeks ago.....I had to rewire the whole fan system...DO NOT USE THE GREEN IGNITION WIRE as it can not handle any additional load over time...I had advised several people to use the green ignition wire as a power source or relay....

Yes be careful with thermo fans, The ones I put on my 1UZ pull 30amps
enuf to melt most wires

I used heavy gauge wire with a 100 amp auto cut off switch before the battery, and after long use the wires still heat up.

Yes, you really need to becareful when wiring up these fans... Direct feed to the battery is your best bet, with the relay going to a safe lead... Thermo stick and or control box for the relay/temp read will work too...

Wow, this is a old thread but its still alive! I am getting ready to do this along with my 6-speed swap. I have a Supra PWR aluminum radiator and a pair od Zirgo fans mounted in a polished aluminum shroud. I also bought the LS fan bracket, should go pretty smooth I hope.

I think if you connect the fans directly to the battery, the fans will still run until they drain out the battery, although the thermo sensor is there. It's because the coolant is still hot after you turn off the engine while the fans have the power 24/7 and the thermo sensor still reads hot.

I'm still finding out which is the real big ignition wire so I can hook the fans to it. The switched power wire on the driver side near the strut tower is related to the heater sensor. That's why I don't have the heat when the fans are running. I thought about the stereo switched power wire but it's too small.

Steve, you can use a relay with the battery and ignition.... I would avoid drawing the power from any big ignition wire...It overloads over time and melts... Mine lasted a year though until the main ignition wire melted...

hooking fans to run of ignition wire hehehe
thats exactly what id expect forum guys and backyarders hehehehehe
its funny how customers complain when u charge 50 bucks extra
or so to hook up some thermo fans and do it all properly
also anything over 14 or 16 in thermos you should always use a slow blow fusable links
not the normal blade fuses as they melt over time

i use the pink 30amp fusable links for the bigger thermos