Electric fans

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Mattmannz

I am looking to go from 2x 10in to 1x 16in. Anyone have a recommendation on a good 16in fan?

A single 16in should cover considerably more than the 2x 10in units.

I might also look at making a shroud if I don't get enough cooling improvement from the fan upgrade.

Cheers
Matt.

I like my single SPAL 16", but it's a power hog. Over 60 amps instantaneously to start, and 22 amps normal runnning. I have it wired in with a 75 amp Bosch relay, 10 gauge wiring, and a 40 amp BIG glass fuse with lots of contact area.

Only problem with this setup is the surge it causes when it starts & stops. I'm sure it's enough to drive my standalone AEM crazy, and cause some weird effects to the injectors & ignition.

Since I have enough room in my plenum, I'm going to go to an 18" from the Lincoln Mark VIII, and control it with a PWM box from these guys:

www.dccontrol.com

Should be much smoother control.

Depending on the size of your radiator have a look at Falcon cross flow radiators.

The fans are in a good shroud and don't draw heaps of power but do a good job of coolng.

we used the AU XR8 radiator, shroud and thermos. The fans are wired in to kick on at 88 and 93deg so I dont get a big drop by both kicking at the same time.

bought the whole lot off ebay for $400 new... though its not been tested yet...

Attachments

• Copy of IMG_0266.JPG
    Copy of IMG_0266.JPG
    46.7 KB · Views: 6
Some people fit the big ICE capacitors (1 farad+) to minimise surge with the big fan installs on on off roaders in the uk (dunno about anywhere else)

cooling is a particular problem offroad as the combination of mud clogging the rads and low driving speeds drastically lower the cooling efficiency of the engine.