Eibach Springs vs. Coilovers?? Advice Please

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Calikev

Just came back from a very good local shop discussing lowering options---He recommends that I get Eibach springs and Tokico struts for my LS400 1993 with 20x8.5 all the way around--ET+44 and all 4 tires are 225/30's or 35's can't confirm right now the width, but everything else is exact---

I mentioned Megan coilovers and he said they're great but would make it hit bumps harder as they are for more performance

I want the car to sit level just "ABOVE" the tires maybe a 1/2"---I do not want to tuck or drop it on the ground or any of that and I want the ride as soft as possible

SUGGESTIONS? Get the Megans or do the Eibach and Tokico HP's???

Thanks

Megans are fine for daily cruising because the compression is adjustable. Leave it all the way soft and I bet you wont be able to tell the difference between stock. Tokico's + eibach's are a good aldirection as well but I suppose it comes down to price? Get quotes for both and compare. I have owned 2 different brand coilovers for the early LS and all I will say is that going from coil/struts to full coilovers is a different level all together. Either route will do the job but the meagans have a lot more flexibility with ride height and stiffness settings.

Hope this helps.

Personally, I like the Tein CS coilovers. I have them on two Supras, and an internet buddy actually races his Supra on them on them. You can crank them from a softer than stock ride to pretty firm.

I had Eibachs & shocks on my '97 Supra before the Teins and wouldn't own another set of Eibachs. In fact, the set I had went in the dumpster because I couldn't bring myself to sell them to someone else for the callbacks I knew I'd get. The ride was one of the harshest, bone jarring rides I've ever had, and going over RR tracks and speed bumps, made the car feel like it was coming apart.

Thanks guys! Pricing is $600 installed for the Black BRAND NEW "old stock" Eibach PRO springs and NEW Blue Tokico HP struts or $850 for Megan LP coilovers + install of $125 for a $975 Total on the Megans My car will remain ALL stock other than the 20" wheels----the Eibach's will only drop the car 1" front and rear though---not sure if that's enough

Just for reference, the stock LS400 air suspension can lower the car 1" all around. Its a pretty mild drop. The wheel gap you described is around 1.5" front and back. The Megans can put your LS on ground if you want but the real benefit over the coils/tokico's is that your losing wheel travel with the coils whereas the proper coilovers preserve the stock wheel travel through its adjustable double threaded collars. For a couple hundred bucks its as cheap as you'll find for a real coilover + install. $850 is very reasonable for coilovers. I want to say that tokico makes an adjustanble compression strut and if so, may provide some competition for their price. ANother feature is that Megans are rebuildable versus tokico's that must be junked when worn.

"spf lexus"...thanks for continuing to try to find a nice way to say "stop being cheap" and get the Megans...LOL Thanks man! I will get the Megans last question...are the LP's that much better than the EZ version---I know I'm still trying to be cheap but why pay more if you won't get the benefit or use the extra options

Im not a pro with megan or anything but im pretty sure the LP is "Luxury Performance" and I would guess to say the EZ line is a street line. Megan racing's site has a lot of info onb their product lines.

I bought a set of Megan LP's today---little used---only a couple thousand miles---Any suggestions on what I should look for to make sure they are in the proper condition---Also what comes with the kit? Front camber kit? Rear camber kit? end caps? Please advise what I should get from him. They will be removed from his car in a day a two and I want to make sure I have everything I need when I go see my guy to install them on my car---Any installation advice would be great and a list of what I should make sure to get from the car of the seller---Thanks for all the help in advance guys!

Kevin

Just make sure the shocks are not leaking oil in any way. AS for other bits, you wont need a camber kit, stock has enough alignment room to account for the drop. Just make sure the car gets an alignment after the install and you'll be ready to go.