Edelbrock Supercharger possible xUZ adaptable?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

JBrady

Edelbrock's line of supercharger systems for the 2005-2010 Ford Mustang GT 3 valve engine (as well as Corvette, Camaro and Chrysler Hemi apps)... MAY have a chance of being adaptable to the Lexus V8's.

Based on the excellent new Eaton high efficiency TVS supercharger, Edelbrock uses the Corvette ZR1 style front inlet design with the currently largest 2300cc TVS rotors.

The runner location and shape could be MODIFIED to possibly fit the xUZ apps. The first concern I have is possible interference with the starter motors. Depending on hood clearance space the blower MAY be able to be raised high enough to clear. I can see cut/mod/weld the runners to fit, cut/mod/weld the inlet to point at right front of car (stock air cleaner location). This is kind of like modifying the Jaguar system only using front inlet location on the much higher efficiency and capacity TVS 2300. Maybe modify/mate a VVTi lower intake.

The systems FIT under stock hoods, are intercooled and are WELL engineered, warrantied and legal for the apps built. Obviously the latter two points would not carry but I like the idea of an OEM style and quality low boost efficient SC system that would boost from off idle and not die at RPM.

Thoughts?

mdmp_0908_04_z+s197_mustangs_supercharger+front_view.jpg

Attachments

• DSC04168.jpg
    DSC04168.jpg
    202.6 KB · Views: 15
  • Intake lwr rear.jpg
    Intake lwr rear.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 17
Cool... or should I say "hot" pic from Magnusen's site (Eaton aftermarket)

Like to see REAL testing complete with factory manifolds, catalysts and exhaust pipe.

test_cell.jpg

Watched Vic Edelbrock Jr. describing the Corvette version and he mentions the long runners. I have always liked the idea of having some runner length but it does seem to have minimal impact even on low speed boosted power. That said... he brings up a good thought... at lower speeds the reversion seen (as intake closes) can force air AND fuel backwards that CAN affect adjacent intakes creating a loss of smoothness and somewhat erratic A/F ratios. I added most of the above detail based on his very short point while pointing out the smoothness of operation.

http://www.motorator.com/videos/1111

Nice find. John, so it MAY be possible if the lower manifold runners are shaved down a bit? Looks like the front water bridge will need to be re-worked.. maybe route OVER the throttle body?

plus thermostat housing, water pump and starter motor...

Actually it depends on the execution and the available space.
With a relatively low blower drive there is less space restriction at the engine front where hood clearance is tightest.
Using JUST the blower itself and integrate with a heavily modified lower intake (VVTi like shown) twin intercooler cores located outboard... should allow the blower to be mounted high enough to clear the front water passage components and the V mounted starter.