ecu pin for jdm 96 ls400

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

patrol2620

Can anyone help please
I need the pin out for ls400 1996 jdm motor the diagram I found in the site dosen't match my ecu
thank you

Thank you 65gtmustang for the tip
I couldn't load the phot but The ecu part no. Is 89661-50380
Another number on ecu is 175000-9531
Has four plugs 34-22-16-28 pins
The engine is 1uz-fe front sumb it should be out of JDM LS400 1995,96 or 97 year model
Any help pls
Thanks

try double checking on wiring info on this site,as i have one here 95 ls400, same plugs..it matches the 96 ls400 diagrams

Thank you Zen
I checked the ls400 wiring and it seems diffrent mine is japan clesior model is your car US model or Japan market model?

I used the 95 diagrams off this site to wire my engine which is a 95 JDM ls400 here in NZ.They match up ok when you trace out the wiring even though some of the colours are different.

Thanks 65gtmustang I expect the wire colors to be different but I could not find the 95 LS400 diagram
It seems I am not so good after all researching
Could you please post the link to it !

My engine wiring seem different any way do you know which pin controls the fuel pump relay and power input to the ecu

For your engine not from the diagram?

Attachments

• edz speedo wiring.gif
    edz speedo wiring.gif
    19.3 KB · Views: 201
unless u plan to run the factory fuel pump ecu then yr wasting yr time looking for the fuel pump wire

most 1uz ecus which have 4 rows of wires on each plug run a fuel pump ecu
usually found in rear of car

so easiest way is to run a tachometric relay
they trigger a fuel pump relay only when there is an rpm

otherwise u can do it the dodgey way like most and run it off ign switch

Attachments

• oly2.jpg
    oly2.jpg
    446.4 KB · Views: 23
  • oly4.jpg
    oly4.jpg
    179 KB · Views: 78
  • oly7.jpg
    oly7.jpg
    156.1 KB · Views: 77
  • oly16.jpg
    oly16.jpg
    170.8 KB · Views: 76
  • oly11.jpg
    oly11.jpg
    187.1 KB · Views: 76
I have decided to use a delay relay for the fuel pump control it runs the fuel pump for an adjustable time and it will come off then it will run continually upon a trigger from the oil pressure lamp when oil pressure builds up
On the other hand I can't figure out witch pin needs ign input and which one needs all time 12v input
From my experience with other engines I think this is needed for the ecu to keep its data and not to restart the ecu every time you run the engin
e
I don't know if this is true with toyota engine if so then what pin please
Thank you guys you are the best

unless u plan to run the factory fuel pump ecu then yr wasting yr time looking for the fuel pump wire

most 1uz ecus which have 4 rows of wires on each plug run a fuel pump ecu
usually found in rear of car

so easiest way is to run a tachometric relay
they trigger a fuel pump relay only when there is an rpm

otherwise u can do it the dodgey way like most and run it off ign switch

???

excuse my ignorance ,but the diagrams on here for the ls show the pump being on green/red, triggering the fpr which is feed from the circiut cutoff relay..the fpr switching the resistor in and out..so dual speed real easy to do..though am new to this (lexus, not auto wiring) and maybe we here in the uk just have the simple ls's to deal with (sc etc being different?)

if using tachometric relay, they are real cheap from lpg suppliers by the way (though i expect you are fully aware of this, though others may not be)

This proves my point that the wiring for 96 LS400 on this site is different than JDM or other market for that matter
Any way I would assume someone knows what pin on the ecu needs 12v and what pin needs IGN for JDM engine I live to far to order ready made wiring
If some one knows and don't want to post the info I do understand
However I will appreciate if someone mail me the info or wiring diagram I promise not to release it if you do want to
My email is [email protected]
The ecu part no. Is 89661-50380
Another number on ecu is 175000-9531
Has four plugs 34-22-16-28 pins
The engine is 1uz-fe front sumb it should be out of JDM clesior 1995,96 or 97 year model
Sorry to ask this way but I am desperate
Thanks guys

Thanx a lot that helped a lot I hope all ecus are the same
If the 12v not connected would the engine run anyway cz mine runs without 12v connection

hi there,

there are 2 pages on this site that may help you out regarding the wiring off the ecu.

On http://www.lextreme.com/1uzfe_variants.html, it states the following
There are 6 variants of the engine. Crown (pre-96), Crown (post-96), SC400 (or Soarer for JDM versions), SC400 “active” or UZZ32, LS400 and Celsior
ECU:
Crown UZS131 - has two modules the ECU runs the engine and the ECT runs the transmission. The ECU is happy to run without the ECT Crown UZS 141 & UZS151 – has single ECU/ECT and can be hard to run without the transmission or external sensors. SC400 - uses single ECU/ECT. LS400 - uses single ECU/ECT. Celsior - uses single ECU/ECT.
Whilst the Crown UZS 141, UZS151, SC400, LS400 & Celsior use a combined ECU/ECT they are not interchangeable.
Wiring Harness:
Crown UZS131 - does not have provision for oil level gauge. Crown UZS 141 & UZS151 –Oil gauge in alloy intermediate plate below alternator SC400 - some models do not have Trac so a different loom SC400 - Active is unique and won’t interchange to another engine. LS400 – same as Celsior. Celsior – Same as LS400
Whilst you can interchange the harness between different engines some differences do occur. Oil level gauge sender on LS400 and Celsior models are on the right hand side at the front (behind the power steering pump)whilst the gauge sender on SC400’s is in the centre of the engine on the left hand side (behind the air conditioning

On http://www.lextreme.com/splitsec.html, it explains the following.
U.S. Spec Lexus LS400 and SC400 ECU is located on the driver side under the glove compartment. Once you open up the panels, you can not miss it. The LS400 using T8-a diagram and SC400 uses T7-a. The below connector diagrams are view as if you are looking at it directly. Here is a wiring diagram for the LS400 Wiring Diagram (1) and LS400 Wiring Diagram (2) Here are the SC400 ECU diagrams 92-95 SC ECU Diagram (1) 92-95 SC ECU Diagram (2).
apexi.2.gifapexi.3.gif

So you may need to work out correctly is the following,
what engine do you have?
what type of plug is connected to the ecu?
If you have a JDM engine with a T7a, then you need to wire up as a soarer.

hope this helps you out

Attachments

• apexi.2.gif
    apexi.2.gif
    5.9 KB · Views: 0
?Hi hypronet
Thanks for the info
I have the T8-a connectors on the ecu really what matters for me is the ign and +12v inputs of the ecu since I basically get the wiring almost complete without the fuse and relay boxes
So it seems that from the diagram you gave that the ecu needs ign to pin no 22 on the 28pin plug
I also found out from my trials that pin no 9 needs also ign input to simulate ign from efi relay
+12v is also needed for ecu backup on pin no 14
I don't know for sure about the 12v input since engine runs without it
Also if this arrangement is applicable for all ecus with T8-a plugs
Hope to hear your opinion with thanks

Hi patrol2620

I would think this is correct with the pin outs on the ecu.

1 reason why they say you have to be careful of swapping ecu to engines, as the soarer engine has different size injectors in it to the ls400 engines, so if you run a ls400 engine in a soarer, you will notice that the cats in the exhurst will start to glow red with the extra heat that its producing due to running small injector to what the ecu is set for. This happen to a friend that did a engine swap in a soarer.

If you are placing this engine in a different type car, what may be best is to use a standalone system an wire up the engine with all that you need to make it run, like the sences, triggers, temps etc.

The lexus wiring harness is HUGE an ugly to view, i got rid off my engine harness and made a new 1 for my car and im using a standalone ecu for the engine.

Dual TB's, Whiteline swapbars, 97 RZ Supra brakes, Airbag & controller