ECU Need to start engine

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Alan Whitaker

Hi All.
I have a 1UZ-FE 1994 engine with a ECU no 89661-50160 , plugs are 34p , 22p , 16p , 28 pin plugs. I have all the plugs and the complete engine loom.
Q There are other plugs in the engine loom are these needed to run the engine and box
Q the 28 pin plug has been cut so there are about 400mm of wires which of these are needed to start the engine.
The engine is not in a Lexus so I have no matching loom to connect into, I just need the basic wires to start and run the engine and box.

Need all the help I can get.

Many Thanks

Alan

afaik they say u only need 5 wires to get it running
soneone from uk has done this so ask him

Last edited by a moderator:
Alan,

Drop me your email addy via a PM and I'll send you a wiring diagram to get the engine and box running.

Seems that there's now quite a few guys in the UK who have managed to do this ........

Cheers,

Tony

Last edited by a moderator:
Alan,

Drop me your email addy via a PM and I'll send you a wiring diagram to get the engine and box running.

Seems that there's now quite a few guys in the UK who have managed to do this ........

Cheers,

Tony

hi tony,
i would like to get this info too, coz i bought an drop engine with the same condition as addy mention (the last socket has been cutted). N i planning to swap in my MK4 N/A. Please sent me the wiring diagram to get the engine (1uz-fe) engine start. as my email add: [email protected]

Sorry to Eddy for intterupt your thread.. peace :)

regard;

James

hi tony,
i would like to get this info too, coz i bought an drop engine with the same condition as addy mention (the last socket has been cutted). N i planning to swap in my MK4 N/A. Please sent me the wiring diagram to get the engine (1uz-fe) engine start. as my email add: [email protected]

Sorry to Eddy for intterupt your thread.. peace :)

regard;

James

I've dropped you an email with info.

Cheers,

Tony

Thank you TonyD

Alan,

Cheers,

Tony

I wonder how much trouble for you to be the first to figure out for yourself and produce all this very valuable information for your projects.. people like me and the rest that receive this information,
i say, we are so blessed.. Unlike many of them in Lextreme ,you are willing to share everything.. I also received a very good and clear hand drawn wiring Diagram of a 26p 16p 22p 26p wiring diag..
Just don't tell me that you deliberately draw that just for me? That's too much trouble for you... anyway.. i really thank you .. If you do come to Malaysia one day .. send me a message first..

another seeker of help

hi there Tony,

having read all these threads i was wondering if you could help me out by emailing me the above mentioned diagram so that i am able just to fire up my 1uzfe. this would be a massive help and much appreciated!!! I have the engine mounted and plummed up just want to fire it up with the very minimum requirements then i can work the rest out.

kind regards
JIMBO

Hi all!

I have the same problem/question ass Alan Whitaker.
Could some of you please send me the same information of the ecu loom?
I have the same questions ass above:

1UZ-FE engine with a ECU no 89661-50160 , plugs are 34p , 22p , 16p , 28 pin plugs. I have all the plugs and the complete engine loom.
Q There are other plugs in the engine loom are these needed to run the engine and box
Q the 28 pin plug has been cut so there are about 400mm of wires which of these are needed to start the engine.
The engine is not in a Lexus so I have no matching loom to connect into, I just need the basic wires to start and run the engine and box.

thanks for reply!

Greatz Theo

I have read on here awhile ago that it's only 7 wires
to connect so should not be to hard I suppose hehehehe

yes I just love it when people ask questions like this
maybe someone can type out a 1000 word essay on how to do it

then u get most who cant be fukt even studying some diagrams
so they can get the general idea of how things work before they jump
in the deep end
but they would rather be spoon fed and not learn a thing

asking silly questions like this is like me asking how long is this string
in this bug roll I'm holding
I don't mind helping some people but fk helping the ones who won't
get off their asses and learn how things work
and this is y no one replies to some questions like this
unless it's a silly remark from me hehe
u just can't answer it in afew lines if the person asking knows fk all about what they plan to do

Jim Ive seen it done with four wires connected into the vehicle , no relays or fuses and the motor ran , Not very well , didnt idle and fuel pump ran all the time but it did run. Got to love some peoples wiring. Sometimes I wonder why I take the time to do it properly. Cheers

hehhee
i can be a smart ass someitmes but at end of the day i have seen millions of other peoples wiring and it makes me laugh
its not hard to do but time consuming to get it all working nicely
and i garantee there is a million conversions out there which would be ugly to look at and drive like no gauges working not idling properly
and a long time ago people made it seem easy to do

funny thing is alot of the guys that do wire the cars on here themselves very rarely say how long it took them to wire or even post pics of the wiring
i wonder why hehheheheheehh

Jim one of our workshops favorite sayings at the moment is "it takes lots of work to make something look simple". Im doing a job thats a bit different and working with less is more and its taken me around 10 hours of planning, organising parts and Ive terminated 5 wires so far. Its for one of my staff and a good mate so I dont have to write a bill for the labour(it would be a scarey bill if I did), and he's worth helping as he's helped me heaps. I charge $200 for diagrams with 1/2 an hour of phone time. From that most customers (and I dont sell it to everyone) can get the engine running. Often its quicker and cheaper for them to send me the loom to do. I had some body side of the loom plugs recently so I made a plug in relay/control setup and the guy plugged it in and started the engine up. I wish I could get them all the time. Cheers

i just dont give any diagrams out heheh as mine are mostly hand drawn
anyway im over the whole industry so see what happens
afew guys here in sydney are sad to see me go hehehe
we just did 2 identical hummers they removed the pissy 5 cyl motor and fitted the
6lt v8 from a late model commodore took ages to make everything work but got it all to work and no complaints because he saw everythign we had to do to get it to work
afew times i get customer to watch me wire these things up and without looking at any diagrams of the motor or car and they are amazed hehehee
anyway anyone wanting to wire their motor up all i sugest is do some studying
it will make things easier and also help if u have to diagnose things down the track