Seller Feedback Don't buy from Phil's Inc

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

FatCat

I ordered rear cross-drilled rotors and high-performance pads for all four corners of my LS400 from Phil's Inc. The rear parts were fine.

Phil's sent me the wrong pads for the front and accused me of trying to exchange pads I'd purchased 3 years earlier (it was only a month earlier). The rep took a real attitude and wasn't going to exchange the pads. I said fine and hung up. About an hour later, some other rep called me and chewed me out for ordering the wrong part!!!! But he did agree to send me the correct pads.

Unfortunately, the second set of pads were incorrect as well. I emailed Phil's my thoughts and reminded myself: caveat emptor!

FatCat, buying aftermarket high performance parts for the Lexus is a real trick bag. Most of these parts are either for Supra's or other applications, and there's no guarantee that they'll really fit your car.

If you buy parts from David (Lextreme) you'll have the benefit of buying from someone who's already sorted out what works and what doesn't. You may pay a bit more than from the "will fit" crowd, but it's worth it.

Plus David is great for consolidating orders. How many times have you been nickel & dimed for freight charges from 3-4 different places because you couldn't get everything at one place?

If you're in a bind, David will give you the shirt off his back. He's a great person to deal with and if anyone tells you differently, you need to question why?

FatCat, buying aftermarket high performance parts for the Lexus is a real trick bag. Most of these parts are either for Supra's or other applications, and there's no guarantee that they'll really fit your car.

If you buy parts from David (Lextreme) you'll have the benefit of buying from someone who's already sorted out what works and what doesn't. You may pay a bit more than from the "will fit" crowd, but it's worth it.

Plus David is great for consolidating orders. How many times have you been nickel & dimed for freight charges from 3-4 different places because you couldn't get everything at one place?

If you're in a bind, David will give you the shirt off his back. He's a great person to deal with and if anyone tells you differently, you need to question why?

+1 here.

Some years ago, I imported a Celsior from Japan under the now-defunct 15-year rule. The car was OK in most repects, but the suspension (air) was knackered. I ordered a set of shocks through David, who'd had this company do the R&D on swapping the (ultra-expensive) air suspension for a coil spring set, and he was as good as his word. The shocks all arrived in good order, and when I had them fitted, the suspension place commented on the quality of the parts. Remember, I'm also in Australia...

David's been doing this (the forum, and mucking about with Totota/Lexus stuff) for a good while now; why not use someone who knows what works and what doesn't?

MX83,

I rememeber those shocks. Boy the shipping was just expensive. Beyond my expectation. Thanks for being such a great buyer and a supporter of this site. Our prices are not the cheapest, but we know our products from inside out. Most companies you buy from only know the part number. We know the part.

Round Three with Phil's

This story is sad because Phil"s has been a well respected shop for decades. Phil has sent 3 sets of Lexus pads, just the wrong years. I think someone bought him out and he's not running it any more.

David, tell me what I can get through you. I gave up OEM pads years ago because of the amount of dust. I drive in the city with a loaded car. I want good bite with low-mod low dust. Wear isn't a big deal, it's only a 30 min job to change out the pads.

Thanks!