Doing Exhaust work!

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

rugby4u21

Hello, i have a 93' SC400 and I am doing some exhaust work to it. I just want to know if this idea that I am going to do will benefit the car's power. The idea of my exhaust work to my car will be to will cut the center cat and also cut the two resonators and then have 2 2.25 pipes welded all the way back to Magnaflow mufflers. Should I stick with these mufflers or go with the greddy MX mufflers? Please let me know via the board or e-mail me at [email protected]

Thanks
Mike

Have a look further down this section of the Forum.

JBrady has posted what looks like the ideal system.

I wouldn't try to re-invent the wheel when someone has gone close to perfecting it.

rugby4u21 said:
Hello, i have a 93' SC400 and I am doing some exhaust work to it. I just want to know if this idea that I am going to do will benefit the car's power. The idea of my exhaust work to my car will be to will cut the center cat and also cut the two resonators and then have 2 2.25 pipes welded all the way back to Magnaflow mufflers. Should I stick with these mufflers or go with the greddy MX mufflers? Please let me know via the board or e-mail me at [email protected]

Thanks
Mike

You will definitely want a crossover ( X-pipe, Y-pipe, H-pipe) or you will loose low and mid range power and torque. I recommend either the X or the Y. Choice of muffler is a tone question not really a power question at the stock power levels of the engine.

Tomarrow i am having my exhaust put on, i bought two Magnaflow mufflers, one x-pipe, 2.25" piping from the cats back, and two highflow resonators to keep the backpressure up. Im hoping the x-pipe will increase torque and with the bigger piping the resonators should keep up the backflow so i wont loose any torque. I ran my car at the track two days ago and i got a 15.9 in the 1/4 (im running really heavy wheels). On tuesday im going again to see the time difference with the new exhaust system. If you guys are interested ill scan the old result sheet and the new one and post them.

Thanks,
nick

Sounds good. I should mention that backpressure is not what enhances torque... it is velocity. Depending on the execution of your system it sounds like you have made a good choice of components. If you can... take pictures UNDERCAR. During construction is even better. Finished pipes definitely. Let us know how it goes.

I bought a cheep desposable camera and took lots of pics of the car on the lift, and on the ground. When i finnish using up the camera im gonna have them put it on a CD then ill post them all up here. As for the results of the exhaust system on the But-o-meter. Not impressive. I have more torque and power all over the RPM range, but not as much as i thought i would have. I know i have more low end torque becuase i can roast my tires more easily. And as for sound, its QUIET. If your keeping stock cats guys, then i would sugjest not running any resonators if you wanna have a good sound. The exhaust sounds absolutely amazing, its just not really loud. Ill get a sound file soon. If i get hi-flow cats it should increase my noise level to where its very respectable. Ill give you guys the results in the new 1/4 mile time on tuesday, thats when i go.