do you think Valiant enthusiasts would kill me if i fitted a 1UZ to this?

1970 VG VALIANT hardtop propsal

• Valiant enthusiasts will kill you dont do it.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • LEXTREME supports using 1UZ in any body vehicle make up youre own mind.

• keep the coupe std and do the Falcon no one will care ablout the FORD

• JUST DO iT

• Total voters
The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
do it.

do it now.

don't hesitate.

don't forget the MP112 eaton on top, 880cc siemens injectors, programmable computer and water injection.

fit a 2spd powerglide behind it with a transbrake and BFO bands.

keep the interior immaculate original, bench seat et al, fit up a floating 9inch with 31spline 4.5:1 detroit locker and EA discs and take it drag racing.

dial in some preload for a bunnyhop launch and have fun.

god i want a VC or VE sedan so bad - just to abuse like that.

or fit a 555 mopar crate engine if you have more money and run a BITCHING cam with twin 4barrell throttle bodies and programmable management.

mwahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

i love mopars.

The way I see it is if people can cut the roof off of these things and but boat canopies on them and call them a convertible Dean can give it a decent motor.

In Australia we only got the 318 or less engine.

Now one of those with a hemi wedge is talking business.

Most Australians won't realise the old Valiant is a Dodge with subtle modifications.

I was a 16 year old when I saw a guy called (I think) Wild Bill Shusberry who had a wheel standing Dodge Dart at the old Castlereagh Drag Strip in Sydney's deep west. I've been a Dodge fan ever since.

Zuffen said:
In Australia we only got the 318 or less engine.

Now one of those with a hemi wedge is talking business.

Most Australians won't realise the old Valiant is a Dodge with subtle modifications.
yeah not much interest in a heavy 318,
i like the 265 power but needs to have a five speed box also,
440 or bigger would be not very fuel efficient probably drink double what a 4.0 drinks
i have seen many U.S equivalents, for some reason i like the Aussie version better
the cars i have and want to keep will do many miles per week, so running costs once its on the road are important, the 1UZ was fairly fuel efficient on the highway, ie: less than 6000rpm

keep the comments coming, very much appreciated

do it!
i have wanted to do one of them vals since i was 16
and a 1uz one would be sweet twin turbo off course

Cut it up and put a modified 5.765 liters (5.8L) 1UZFE. How?

LS1 Darton MID Sleeves (4.00") with modified Tundra (2UZFE) crank from 3.31" to 3.5" stroke.

Deankdx,
I had a fuel injected 265 in my centura that ran 246rwhp, now i have a 1uz that has run a best of 214rwhp (on same dyno) (photo's in photo section), i sure miss the torque of the six & around town economy is only marginally better (1L/100), highway has inproved more down to 9.5L/100.
A 1uz should be a good fit if your engine bay is similar to a centura bay for room

Don't do it. It won't be the same car if you do. I know someone who dropped a 454 in a 1992 Shelby Mustang(made without shelby's permission and production was halted before they even made a hundred of them).
The original motor was fast, and everyone knows the potential of those 5.0 engines. No doubt his new motor is fast---extremely fast, but it really takes away from the car itself.
keep it orignial.

I have one of those in my shed awaiting resto, I also have a spare 1uz cut but also a pre smog 440 and a tunnel ram, mmmm ,choice is easy cubes win every time, I doubt you would need to cut it to fit 1uz, if you need any measurments mine is stripped out and also have 1uz on engine stand

hi-lex said:
I have one of those in my shed awaiting resto, I also have a spare 1uz cut but also a pre smog 440 and a tunnel ram, mmmm ,choice is easy cubes win every time, I doubt you would need to cut it to fit 1uz, if you need any measurments mine is stripped out and also have 1uz on engine stand
Yeah, i think i'll most likely just to a leakdown test on the HEMI 6 first, it been on straight LPgas for 6 years, good chance just a burnt valve or maybe just a headgasket? if its a simple fix i'll do it, as even runng crap it has a ton of torque just off idle, probably more than my 351 had, hard to beat.
plus i went for a thrash in the donor XE sedan the other day and it will be fun with out the crying if i crash or throw another tailshaft etc, plus its the ultimate sleeper which has great appeal to me.
if youve got a few minutesto measure, i'd like to know if the lexus would fit though without cutting
thanx Dean

Yeah well ,who really expects an xf to blow there doors off? and when you bend it someone will prob give you another falcon for bits ,but you would just about have to kill someone to get bits like rear quarters for the val

hi-lex said:
I nearly forgot, I will measure tommorow as motor is at my other shed, cheers Russ...
no rush on the measure, thanks
No garage to do anything in this weather, doing a manual conversion on my nice XF 6cyl daily driver soon (Wednesday's weather looking good plus i have that day off)pic below
this is what i was going to put the 1UZ into originally, the engineer didn't like it for a few reasons due to being an 87 model, not being an optional V8 another due to ADR37 a bit of a grey area for some reason, the 83 model XE i have chosen is optional with V8 and was running on leaded petrol so easy enginnering process.

As a daily driver the Val would be great with a 1UZ but the 265 would be a million percent better with a 5 speed manual instead of the 904 Auto(sits on 2800rpm at 100kmh and its LOUD)

deankdx said:
Yeah, i think i'll most likely just to a leakdown test on the HEMI 6 first, it been on straight LPgas for 6 years, good chance just a burnt valve or maybe just a headgasket?
well i finally got around to doing a com test.... between 160 and 165 PSI between all cyls so its nothing serious, must be electrical. wait another 6 months to find out..
thinking of selling it now, just cos i wont make time till mid next year for this car.
probably $1000 will solve all RWC issues and Rego, so i might just build a shed and store it, cant really lose Value, i paid $4000 for it.
my Ford Falcon will be LEXORCISED