DIY supercharged manifold for 1uzfe

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

jordys ski boat

Here is a do it your self procedure on making your own supercharged manifold for the 1uzfe engine.

The first photo is to get the cross ram manifold and cut it with a 9" 230mm angle grinder or the hard way with a hacksaw. Cut as close to where the ports meet so there is some left to machine off.

Then once you have cut ports off, its time to machine the ports flat using a milling machine. You will need an angle plate put on a 45° angle (about). You have to machine it very carefully because its real easy to break the manifold at the flange. You have to machine the ports down far enough so when you bolt the manifold on the engine, the port on the L.H.S misses the starter motor.

After you have machined the angle, sit the fuelrails with the injectors in and put the 125mmx10mm plate against the ports to see if you can still get the fuelrails on and off. I fully recommend that you weld up a jig to weld the manifold up. To make it you need some heavy flat plate.

Before you do all of the above, sit the cross ram manifold on the plates and drill and tap the manifold to the plates. While it is all bolted together, weld the end plates to the jig, then you will be able to fully weld the manifold with out unbolting it.
You can do it with out a jig but you can't weld it all on the engine there is just not enough room so you have to weld it carefully so it does not warp.

Once you have cut and machined the ports flat, you need to mark the holes out onto the side plates 125mmx10mmx400mmlong. I use a bit of wire and sharpen the end so that when you mark the ports out onto the plate it flexes around the shape of the ports.

Then when that is done you need to drill the holes out, you measure the smallest part of the port and what ever that is you drill the holes out.

Now you are ready for welding the ports onto the plates, preferably tig weld the ports using 5-4034 cast alum filler wire but its not a must.

When you have finished welding, you get a die grinder with a sharp bure and grind the holes out to the shape of the ports and then finish it with a sanding wheel.

Then its time to make the bottom plate. This plate has to miss the starter motor when the manifold sits on the engine so the plate has to be rolled by a brake press or a folder.

Then its time to weld the two sides together this is when the both sides of the manifold has to be bolted to the engine. If using the jig then just tack it and see if the manifold misses the starter motor.

The bottom plate is 3mm alum. Once the bottom plate has been fully welded you will need to machine the top plates. This is how you determine the height of your manifold.

When that is finished its time for the top plate to be welded on using 16mm or 20mm alum plate. You will need to bolt the manifold down on the engine and weld as much as you can because this is where the manifold will pull the most but you don't have this problem when you have a jig. TO BE CONTINUED

Im exited.

Jordy's has just informed me that my new blower manifold will be in the post tomorrow.
It is the first to be produced by "Jordy's Ski Boat Performance Engineering" other than his own and will be installed very soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is that your milling machine Jordy? It seems you have all the toys I dream of. :) Is there a chance you could show me a closeup pic of the runner outlet? Is it round? I am wondering if I could make this from mild steel tubing. Thanks mate. Nice pics.

Can't wait for mine, Got my Supercharger tonight its off a 97 Thunderbird from Canada Intercooler included all pipe work Mass air sensor Throttle body even the gaskets
Happy as pig in ****

Gazzasore,

I bid on that unit before I found the MP112.

It looked a good buy. What did you end up getting it for.

I think the concept of using the intercooler (or a larger one) solves lots of problems.

Let us all know how it goes. Are you making your own manifold or buying on in?

$350 US in the end The cost to get here landed here was about $900 au
the guy flew it here for me $180 au Customs etc about $250 au
It adds up doesnt it
The aftercooler wont be that easy to fit
The M90 has to go up the other way so the pulley off set is on the other side
Air comes in the back of the M90 through & out the top through the intercooler then into the inlet manifold
So as you see its not just straight forward
I like a challenge though
I hope Jordy is making manifold

The idea of feeding the air out the top and thru the intercooler makes lots of sense.

See if you can get it to work how Ford planned. Worst you have to do is hack up the pipework and work from there.

The worst I can see is that you may have to modify the thermostat housing to allow the drive to be where Ford fitted it.

I sent one of my manifolds to Jordy on Tuesday.

You like me like the idea of doing it yourself.

Gazzascore

Am I missing something.

With your setup,once the compressed air travels through the aftercooler, how are you going to feed it back into the manifold? Jordy's manifold replaces the stock air plenum.

If anyone is interested, I have a spare TB and intake manifold for the M90 Eaton. As per Gazzascore's photo.

I think you have it figured.

Obviously you will need to do some mods on the intercooler pipes as no one could be so lucky to have those cast pipes fit another car.

The manifold you have made will need to enter the air from the very rear (under the blower or TB). I would send the blower and manifold to Jordy so it comes back perfect rather than finding a problem later.

You could is you wish invert the blower and run a normal setup but I think the intercooler is great idea.

You will have to do a write up when it is complete.

Forgive me for reviving this thread, but do you have a manifold for sale or do this process on a core-exchange for manifolds?

Finding supercharger manifolds for a 1UZ is getting hard.

Jordy (who we mentioned) moved away for 1UZ's many years ago.

Bullet Engineering in Queensland Aust. probably still make manifolds.

Oh they sure do but it costs about 10,000 kangaroos for a complete setup. This fab'd option out of the stock mani seemed like a viable option for disposable M90's but that's too bad he isn't making them anymore.
Would be cool to get a hold of some canned g-code/machining files to just hand to a machine shop to mill the parts.

10,000 Kangaroo's would have bought mine.

My Opcon, drive system, manifold and intercooler setup owed me way over $15,000.00 over 10 years ago!