Dazien bushing dealer?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

WDoherty

Is there another distributor for Daizen bushings other than TM engineering. I can't seem to contact them and i need lca and steering rack bushings by friday. I've searched and haven't found anywhere else.
thanks

What car do you need it for?? If it for Sc400 I recommend get the whole supra tt control arm. They are much stiffer and stronger. They would give you great performance, but you will loose luxury a bit due to it stiffness.

I used the daisen bushings for a short time on my front lower control arms on my 1992 sc400 and I can honestly say I didn't like the way they felt, too spungy feeling...There is a lot of rubber in those bushings, and I don't recommend them. I too got them from Todd atTm Engineering...and immediately changed them out with new Supra lower control arms, courtesy of a super nice friend of mine named James (dealer discount)....The improvement was immediately noticed. Stiffer, better steering response, etc.. However, I did find a full set of what I believe to be better bushings on Ebay some time ago.. (Nascar poly bushings) little stiffer then the daisen and much cheaper. I have a full set at home, if you want the front lower control arm bushing you can have them for super cheap..(pm me for the front lower control arms only if you are interested), I am going to install all the others bushing on my car shortly....

WDoherty said:
well supra control arms are kinda more expensive than bushings right, i might pm you later about those bushings

That is true. But it come with new bushing and ball joint too. So it worth the investment. But you should PM Jibby for a cheap set of bushing. He's a good guy and he'll hook you up. :biggthump

Heck for you Wdoherty, I will send you those front lower control arm bushings to you for free. Just PM me with your address and I will mail them out for you. The only catch is you will have to wait a week until I get back home from Park City in Utah...Let me know if you want them, I will do that for you....I threw away my daisen bushings along with my old lower control arms, that is what I think of those daisen bushings.....Had to clear out my yard....

Oh and thanks again James for all your help and the kind words....

your the man the jibby,
except i'm on spring break at home and i have to do the project this week, its my only chance. So todd did leave me a message last night saying if i ordered them today i would get them fri. Well here is the dilemma, if you guys say they are so bad, maybe this isn't the way to go. Also, his kit comes with the upper arm bushings as well, do these go out, do i need them, my car is a 92' with 103000 miles. And more dilemma, i have ordered a new steering rack for the end of the week too, so i do need those bushings, are the daizen's good for this purpose. Do you guys think i should go for oem lexus bushings lca only and forget the upper arms, and daizen for the rack?

Well WDoherty, my 1992 sc400 has 110,000 miles on it now, and really the only bushings that showed severe wear was the front lower control arm bushings. That is why I have not changed the rest out yet, no rush. My SC400 handles exceptional, and is very responsive..

You need to jack up your car and inspect all the bushings. Upper control arms are last to change from my experience, they wear slowly atleast on my car and others I have seen. If you are not into performance and handling then the daisens might be fine, my car is lowered 1" and I really wanted the improved handling so the stiffer front control arms bushings were my choice. It really depends on what your goals are... If you like handling don't go with the daisens, if you enjoy luxury then go with the daisens. There is a spongy feel with the daisens...

Can I ask you why you are looking to change your bushings out?.. I only changed my bushings out because I had some play in the driver side wheel.. I would reverse and hit the brakes and the front wheel would move a bit forward and back.. which is not suppose to happen.... What are your symptoms? If you don't want my bushings I would suggest you go with the OEM bushings, you can't go wrong with those.... Oh, and the front lower control arm bushings are very easy to change out...don't pay Todd $500 to remove two large bolts and screws on each wheel, it's a joke. If your going with Todd ask him just to change the rear control arm bushings as they are much more challenging to change out. Todd at TM elected not to change the rears bushings out for me after I agreed with him to change the whole sets out front and rear.. He only changed the front lower control arm bushings and charged me $500. The original agreement was $1000 for front and rear..He told me they didn't need changing out, Be careful... I do everything myself now....Good luck..

Ps. I am telling you this because I like you and I am not trying bash Todd. It is not my intention to deprive any man of his lively hood, maybe his business practices have improved. On a positive note Todd at TM did a very good job on my NOS system...but he also disabled my piggy-back ECU and didn't tell me...

hey thanks jibby,
the reason i am changing them is because i can feel the slack when applying the breaks and over rough surfaces. Also i took it to a lexus dealer and they told me it was the lca's. I just ordered the front set control arm bushing set from todd along with the steering rack bushings. We will see how it goes, maybe i should have just gotten oem lca bushings for the 97 on, oh well. I've been reading forums all day trying to figure this out and it seems that many people who have greased the daizen's well are happy with them. I also read that some thought their upper arm bushings were good, but once they removed them found they were deterioating, so i wanted a complete kit. i normally don't rush decisions like this, but i'm home from spring break, i have access to my former bosses shop with tools and all kinds of little things have been bothering me up in my college town b/c the roads there are terrible and i'm helpless to work on the car. Thus far i have ordered a steering rack, bushings, aftermarket antenna, stainless steel brake lines, spark plugs, and an air filter all to be done this weekend. I do all of my own work cause i like it and to save money, i might have more questions before this week is over, ha!

Well there you go!!! Good luck with the Daisens, they will correct your problem of feeling the slack over rough roads, and hopefully they will work out much better for you then they did for me. I am also glad to hear you are doing the work yourself. Changing the front LCA bushings really is not that difficult....I think I posted a thread on how to change them out, I can't remember..