Datsun 1600 Roadster with 1uz

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Lextreme II

Just call me "Lex"
Do you guys think 1uz would fit into the Datsun 1600? Anyone have experience with it? I know weight disturbution sucks, but just want to know.

if you cut that SP310, i'll have to hurt you, i'm afraid.

they're worth about $10,000 AUS here in that kind of condition - it really only needs a good clean!

please, restore it - don't chop it. if it were beyond salvage then yeah, i'd say you could do it if you remove the inner guards and convert to rack and pinion. but PLEASE! dont.

Attachments

• IMG_0265.JPG
    IMG_0265.JPG
    43.9 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_0268.JPG
    IMG_0268.JPG
    45.7 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_0271.JPG
    IMG_0271.JPG
    61.6 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_0273.JPG
    IMG_0273.JPG
    60.5 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_0274.JPG
    IMG_0274.JPG
    62.5 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_0275.JPG
    IMG_0275.JPG
    69 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_0276.JPG
    IMG_0276.JPG
    76.4 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_0277.JPG
    IMG_0277.JPG
    77.4 KB · Views: 4
Pro240C's right.

The car's too valuable to ruin.

Those babies are pretty rare and it will appreciate in value over time. Chop it up and it's be worth parts value only. Additionally it won't handle as well as it would now and the conversion will send you broke.

Looks pretty narrow in there, RB26 probably fit.
But must agree with the lads, it would be going against rule no1 of the code, thow shalt not cut up rare vehicles. Unless you really want to of course.

Very rare and a lot of work, especially if there similar floor pan to a datsun 140/160 etc which im assuming they are
I just did a clutch on my mates 160j violet...(btw, never again) theres hardly enough room for the standard bellhousing...
Personally id find something else to use as a base as these are too rare to butcher, but its your choice and would be awesome

Logan

Man, I had one and thought it a real POS. Girls liked it though.
icon_smile.gif
The 2000 CC model had much more potential. You make me want to export a few from the states. They're considered pretty non-special in California.

You know, this gets me thinking. It'd be worth it for someone to see what misclaneous items are rare in the states vs. down under. It'd be great to send a shipping container down with Cheap 1UFZEs, datsuns and what not and bring back some cool Ausie and /or Kiwi stuff.

I have an uncle who used to ship a Caddilac a year to Sweden. He'd then vacation on the profits from the sale and get a free vacation.

Kreb,

Australia has one of the worlds best stocks of older cars due to our weather (dry in most parts), the high cost of importing the vehicles and Australian's buying up early classic US iron.

We have thousands of early Mustangs, Vettes etc down under. They are usually in better condition than yours and are actually quite reasonably priced.

When you look at old race cars we were the last stop on the race calendar (forgetting NZ which is pretty easy) joking KIWIS! and the cars were usually sold off to save shipping them back to Europe. The teams would build/buy new cars with the proceeds of the sale and the funds saved in return shipping. For this reason we ended up with a lot of rare toys.

Your 1UZ's are cheap but after shipping no chaeper than ours. The cheapest I've heard of was agood clean engine for $350 or US$260.00. Engines aside I don't think there's much we need on the Lexus front. Performance parts such as gaskets, studs, oil coolers etc from the likes of Summit, ARP etc are hard to get at reasonable prices but we can get most stuff we want off the net.