Custom/cut down MAF housing

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

-Nemesis-

This is just an interem thought for me untill I go standalone eventually. My current boost set up means I need to run the MAF, but it doesn't seem to like boost.

The problem for me running pull through is there's no room for the big housing. I was just thinking though, if I eliminate most of the housing so there's little more than the black sensor itself (length wise) I would be able to squeeze it in.

Will this void the readings of the MAF? I have heard of people removing the honeycomb section, this wouldn't be much different, i'd just be removing the actual cast housing from both ends too....

just beware those sensors are so sensitive

i had a 1uz in ahilux with factory hilux air box have very restrictive intake like 45degree plastic pipe and not mandrel shape and this was causing it to idle bad when not touching throttle

i think u should not touch car until u can afford to get rid of factory ecu and air flow meter

otherwise anything u do is just half done and if u do go aftermarket u will need to redo half the **** again

microtechs are only 1g and work beaut on a 1uz

Which one (Microtech)? Been thinking Adaptronic.

I'll need something that can run two seperate maps, one for petrol one for lpg.

yer adaptronic is ok too
did one quickly the other day
software needs some getting used to but not that hard
we hope to be fitting afew adaptronic to these kit cars we
are making full looms for
anyway the duel fuels senario will be big job getting both perfect
especially with our crappy fuels
engine will look like a nasa system hehehe
lpg is cheap but i had a big chat to guy using the latest direct injection lpg and stuff whihc is about 5 to 6g to fit
prob take afew years by time u get yr money back so personally i would never fit lpg purely for being cheap
hopefully in 10 years we will be wiring up electric engines into our old cars

I already have LPG vapour injection, and yeah the engine bay is full on! The harness for the LPG ECU is messay as (ECU is in back corner of bay)

I was hoping to dump the LPG ECU. LPG is my preferred fuel to aim for, with petrol just as a back up. I even got big HD injectors knowing boost was inevitable.

There's two options: Leave the Romano LPG ECU/system, then tune the standalone to suit the gas (the LPG ecu listens to the stock ecu's petrol injector pulses to work itself out) and let Romano handle it.

Or, take out the LPG electrics and hook up the injectors (8 lpg elec injectors) to the standalone and go full custom tune, for LPG. With some kind of change over relay to switch between tune maps and petrol/lpg injectors.

(I have another thread in here on this topic lol)

Attachments

• rover12.jpg
    rover12.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 23
You could duplicate the cross section of the oem housing with some fabricated tubing, but, as others have mentioned, the setup is very sensitive, and you'll likely wind up in open loop mode.

A way to fix that would be to also include the bypass section in the tubing, complete with tuning screw, starting out with the screw in one direction or the other, and slowly(quarter turn at a time), bring in the mixture.

This would take days of adjustment, since the oem computer needs three startups from cold to establish things.

The blow through setup is odd, because air will change in density while under pressure, and I'm not sure the maf can handle that.