Crank upgrade on the sc400 1uz...?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

jibby

Guys I've covered just about every possible upgrade on the 1UZ..'s motors except for the crankshaft... I have read some threads on cranks, but most talks are about the 3UZ's crank upgrades. I am unclear about the stock crank on the IUZ...??? I would love to know how the stock crank rates..is it a keeper or a sleeper? What are some of the crank upgrades options available for these engines? Should the crank be changed out only when and if you upgrade to forged pistons and rods? (All Chevy)? What gains are to be expected with street applications?... I know this covers alot, but if someone who really knows about this crank stuff in these motors can give me the lowdown I would be very greatful. What is a good plan for a crank upgrade on a street racing sc400?

Lextreme.com and a professional engine builder is working very closely to develop a complete stroker short block.

1UZFE will get an upgrade from 4.0 to 4.4 liters
2UZFE will get an upgrade from 4.7 to 5.1 liters
3UZFE will get an upgrade from 4.3 to 4.8 liters

This is a complete shortblock. Save lots of headaches between crank stroke, rods clearance and heights and so on. This is a complete forged, stroke and balanced shortblock. Price will be determine very soon. All stroke short blocks will be custom to each customer's needs.

We are testing this combination right now and will be avialable very soon. These blocks will be tested for compression, clearance and other factors before shipping.

Forged Stroker will get:
* Forged pistons
* H or I beam rods (some customers perfer I beam because its lighter and rev higher)
* Performance bearings
* ARP Rod studs
* Balanced and Blueprint
* Other upgrades avialable upon request.

Cowboy,

How many of those cranks have you built?

I'd be interested in the dyno figures for a straight capacity increase.

Also what rev limit do you use with them?

I'll call the engine builder Monday and ask if he can send the information. These cranks are in many of the motors that run the Baja 1000, and other sanctioned offroad events. From my understanding, they are made from solid billet 8670 hardened steel infuswed w/ nickel chromium molybedyum, and regularly turn 6000rpm, which is the rev limit in their class, with 5.65L. Also they have never had a crank failure in any of the events they have run.

The cranks are flawless, however there was one issue that they have run into with the stock buckets in only one of the trucks. When you go past 10mm of lift, you may want to think about swapping buckets since the lift is very harsh. In one trucks, in one of the races, they spit a out bucket and was riding on the retainer. The retainer got torn up pretty bad, but it completed the leg of the lace. All of the rest of the motors in any other race has never spit out a bucket, however they suggest now after 10mm of lift that to be safe, you switch to aftermarket buckets.

Thanks man,