Cracking sound in front suspension

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

fastegg

When I drive in and out of my driveway which has a few deep bumps, slow speed turns where there is a dip in the road or speed bumps there is a 'crack' sound in the front end somewhere.... Any suggestions where to look ?

We put it on the hoist and when you looked up you could see where the main engine frame/cradle had been moving slightly. 2 big bolts weren't loose but they weren't tight. Tightened them with a knuckle bar, both sides... No more cracking sounds... All fixed...

are you talking about the aluminum crossmember that the engine sits on? Good catch I would not have thought of that one. The suspension would be the first thought, and never the cross member being loose. Was it on both sides or just one? Makes me want to check all mine now.

are you talking about the aluminum crossmember that the engine sits on? Good catch I would not have thought of that one. The suspension would be the first thought, and never the cross member being loose. Was it on both sides or just one? Makes me want to check all mine now.

i cant remember now.. but you could see witness marks where the subframe had been moving a few mm... but yeah. tightened up the big subframe bolts and 'cracking' sounds disappeared...