Project Thread Corona

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Lextreme II

Just call me "Lex"
Found this little classic Socal Craig's List. 1975 Toyota Corona. What do you think?

Engine Runs...Need interior and body work.....NO PAPER WORK!...I HAVE DRIVESHAFT...BUT IT NEEDS TO BE INSTALLED .....NEED TO SELL ASAP.....$500....SELLING AS IS

Contact Victor-323-447-1392...

Wouldn't be a great 1uzfe powered 5 speed weekend hotrod?

Gimme!
Those Coronas are very rare here in Aus.

My shitter was a RT104 until it rusted out too badly and had to be crushed.
I had it for 8 years ;(
They are great cars, i gave mine hell and it very rarely broke.

The rear diff could be interesting (stock is T series on leaf springs i think), would need to change to a G series out of an early Hilux.
1UZ in the engine bay would be a tight fit, but shouldnt be impossible.

Do it! :)

BTW, this sub forum (classic toyotas) should have been created a long time ago ;)

Just remember that there is an immense amount of work to be done on that car. Good luck on finding that pane of glass just for starters...

Hypothetically, lets say you bought it. First, you decide it needs the 1UZ. Fine.. Then you say, well, it would benefit from paint, rims, brakes, suspension, axle, misc bling, body work (almost guaranteed to have some underbody rust).

For sure it would be sweet, but it definitely isn't a throw in an engine and be done type project.

Found this little classic Socal Craig's List. 1975 Toyota Corona. What do you think?

Engine Runs...Need interior and body work.....NO PAPER WORK!...I HAVE DRIVESHAFT...BUT IT NEEDS TO BE INSTALLED .....NEED TO SELL ASAP.....$500....SELLING AS IS

Contact Victor-323-447-1392...

Wouldn't be a great 1uzfe powered 5 speed weekend hotrod?

As we would say over here "Buggar the Corona", what condition is the Citroen DS behind it in? A good, honest, unmolested example would be worth an absolute fortune here over the pond as they are as rare as rocking horse doo dah..

Cheers,

Tony

lex,those are common in aruba where i'm from,but they always use rotory engines,there are alot being parted out though...if you do get it,i can find you parts....from aruba or p.r. but they are expensive like everyone says...

also off topic,i'm in major need of a t.c. for my single turbo project...how do i go about getting one from you...mine is out right now,do i need to send it as a core?also some engine mounts....

man I have never seen a two door rt104. I've both the wagon and sedan, which was worked over on a shoe string budget and it ended up quick enough to get a bit of a rep, but never ever ever thought these thing were made. Just proves you can learn new things on strang places. lol

Its a RT112, not a RT104.

BTW, getting a 1UZ into one of these could be rather difficult due to double arm front suspension resulting in a narrower engine bay.
Same era Celicas, etc had mcpherson strut which 1UZs will fit into (as i am doing).

Photo of a nice one:
89737914_full.jpg

a 1uz will fit into one of these
they're no smaller than a te27
i've got one in mine:)
it's not THATT bad..
meaning i've seen much worse! lol
Its a RT112, not a RT104.

BTW, getting a 1UZ into one of these could be rather difficult due to double arm front suspension resulting in a narrower engine bay.
Same era Celicas, etc had mcpherson strut which 1UZs will fit into (as i am doing).

Photo of a nice one:
89737914_full.jpg