COP seal to plug tube.

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Doug68

In the picture below you can see a coil bolted with a spacer on to the cam cover, this is in the correct place for the connection to the plug but there is a gap between the bottom of the coil flange and the plug hole seal. The gap obviously is too big for seal that comes with the coil to bridge (original seal not in picture).
There's a bit less than a 1mm difference in the diameter of the plug tube v the coil to let water in and fill up the tube.
To get that seal to work I need a 10mm spacer to hold it down against the cam cover or remake a thicker seal out of something else altogether.

So, is there a go to material / solution for this or do people just ignore the issue?

IMG_20200624_114438[1].jpg

Coils are Toyota part number 90915-02250 though I think that's been superseded by 90919-02250.

Cheers.

Here's what I have done...

1" or 25mm radiator hose fits over the plug tube neatly. Below from left to right, the spacer to bolt the coil down, the seal that comes with the coil and the piece of 1" hose.
IMG_20200625_154746.jpg

Fit the hose to the plug tube.
IMG_20200625_154821.jpg

Put the seal on this way round. the tube should fit neatly in the grove.
IMG_20200625_154840.jpg

Bolt down the coil and it should look like this...
IMG_20200625_154958.jpg

The lengths of the spacer and hose will obviously depend on the coils you use, in my case the aluminium is 9.5mm and the hose is 16mm.

Let me know if you have a better way of keeping the water out.

Hey Doug, great solution! I remember this issue popping up when I was using bike coils for my 1UZ project, and I ignored it while we were on the dyno, but needed to find a solution once we were off the dyno.......