Compression drop 3uz

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

SAMAC007

Good day. I am from South Africa. I am building a 3uz with twin turbo. I am not intending to boost higher than 0.8 bar. The purpose of the vehicle is 4x4 offroad and some sand. the vehicle is very high with large tyres. What I am trying to get to is this is not for speed but brute power. In the event like this one that I do not intend to boost higher than 0.8 bar , is it necessary to drop the compression ratio. I myself think it is because according do specs the oem ratio is 10.5:1. But I would like other opinions also. furthermore where in the world can I get stronger conrods.

Thanks in advance.

ARGO in Australia made a 24 sets of rods for me about 10 years ago (maybe more). https://argorace.com.au/product/toyota-lexuz-1uz-2uz-3uz/ I was feeling generous as you guys aren't doing too well in the Cricket.

Of interest the price has come down by around $1,000.00 per set since I purchased my rods.

If you plan on fitting thick head gaskets or decompression plates bear in mind it will alter the cam timing as the belt will have further to run.

I run a stock 1UZ in my Range Rover Dakar with 4.10 diffs and 35"tyres and whilst it isn't real fast it has plenty of lugging power and if needed another 5 gears in low range.

I'd suggest try it stock first and turbo if you feel the need.

ARGO in Australia made a 24 sets of rods for me about 10 years ago (maybe more). https://argorace.com.au/product/toyota-lexuz-1uz-2uz-3uz/ I was feeling generous as you guys aren't doing too well in the Cricket.

Of interest the price has come down by around $1,000.00 per set since I purchased my rods.

If you plan on fitting thick head gaskets or decompression plates bear in mind it will alter the cam timing as the belt will have further to run.

I run a stock 1UZ in my Range Rover Dakar with 4.10 diffs and 35"tyres and whilst it isn't real fast it has plenty of lugging power and if needed another 5 gears in low range.

I'd suggest try it stock first and turbo if you feel the need.
Hi. I appreciate the advice. Concerning the cricket. AHHH well. what are we doing well in this country besides building things on our own. in sport and government things are a bit on the down side. I hear what you are saying about the stock motor. I also run 4.1 diffs and the tyres are 34.3inch diam with 107.6 inch circum. the problem is though the stock tyre I had on were 30.6 inch dia and 96.1 circ with a stock 1uz vvti and it was very sluggish on the pull away. now that is fine for normal offroading. but we like to go to Namibia where the sand is loose and the dunes are high so you need some extra vooma. You need that bottom reffing power. So I reckoned I am in the process of building the whole vehicle. do it now and finish. than doing it later as it is a huge job to get that setup out of a lc 95 series prado.