Cleaning MAF

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

ABDULLAH D AFGHAN

hey guys kinda confused here. I check the MAF on my 93 LS400 and there is this honeycomb looking thing and there is a fly or small bee stuck in it. Should i try to get it out or is it really sensitive and will i mess something up. Also some ppl on here saying not to clean the MAF cuz its not an MAF but a Karman thingamajiger. Plz help.
thanks

Just carefully push it through with a plastic drinking straw. Don't clean the MAF with any solvents that's all.

IF it makes a difference...in my Tacoma I cleaned mine with electronics cleaner. Like 5-6 bucks US a bottle. Worked good and the sensor read better (improvement in performance) but only because it was so filthy it was making the engine run a little lousy.

Becafeful when messing with that honeycomb screen, it can be disfigured very easiely... The inside of the MAF is not sensitive but everything else is...

After removing the MAF and carefully removing the screen, grab a clean rag and whipe the inside metal/allum parts to clean... That's it...

JIBBY I USED TO HAVE AN IROC 305 TPI AND ALTHOUGH I NEVER DID THIS, THERE WAS "NET" LOOKING THING THAT YOU COULD CAREFULLY REMOVE AND SUPPOSEDLY I GAVE U MORE HORSEPOWER. I AM ASSUMING THAT THE HONEY COMB THING IN THE LEXUS MAF IS THE SAME AS THE NET THING IN THE IROC MAF. SO IF I CAREFULLY CUT THE HONEYCOMB, IS THAT HOW U MODIFY THE MAF TO GET MORE HORSEPOWER OR CFM ETC?

I had also owned an Iroc too back in the day, spunky for it's time...TPI...and I also owned a simular car called the Pontiac Firebird Formula 5.0.. I modified that Pontiac with performance cams, exhaust, etc and it was still slow....Waste of money and time... I did make that car a custom convertable which was cool and unique at the time...

Don't mess with that Maf screen... I tried removing, altering it, ect.. Could not get the idle right...Had to buy a used MAF just because of that screen...Not like the Iroc's...

ill just leave it alone i heard it heats up like a self cleaning oven so hopefully it will cook that insect that is stuck in there. As far as IROCs as concerned I still love the way they look, their stiff handling and low stance is awesome. MY favorite is actually the 92 Z28 (3rd Gen) and the 87-89 GTA. They arent fast yeah becuz the technology is old. But looks and handling wise they arent too bad.