Cheap COP's

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

ruishy1

Il be double checking the fit today, but ive got a set of nissan almera n16 (qg18de) COP's and they fit very well :D

all of the bolt holes line up to bolt them down except the front one, small spacers are needed between the head mounting point and the coil and the seal is a good fit too.
i got 8 coils and the clips from a breakers here for about 30 GBP ( about 50 dollars) so it could be a nice cheap alternate :cool:

Nice find, do these have onboard ignitors, or do they need an external ignitor? IIRC, most Nissan's, until recently, use external ignitors?

As far as i can tell they have an internal ignitor, i cant see anything external that looks like it could be one.

Sometimes (not always) you can tell by the number of terminals in the connector.

4 terminals definitely mean internal ignitor.

3 means "maybe" the ignitor is internal, but there are many Bosch & Beru coils that have 3 and use an external one.

2 terminals definitely means an external ignitor is required (or it's a CDI coil)

I used the COPs off a 99 I30 / maxima VQ35DE. Got 10 of them with plugs at the junk yard for $40. They are 3 pin with internal ignitors. There is a good chance your coils have bulit in ignitors. You can test them if you can find out what pins are 12v feed and ground. The other pin is trigger, mine are ground to trigger. Hook up a coil and stick a spark plug in it. Tap the trigger whire to ground and see if it fires, if not try 5V and then 12v. One of those 3 should work.