Car smokes on takeoff after stopping at red light

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Ok, took off both top and bottom intake manifold and I have fresh oil in both so I think it's safe to say that I'm getting oil blow by also. Prolly from the rings not seating correctly. I may have a combination of problems on my hands...

Hmm, oily upper manifold but a clean PCV system... Sounds exactly like my power steering dilemma. I just dont see how oil can reach the top manifold through blowby alone, the PCV should be very oily. Maybe someone has other ideas? If rings were leaking, you will have blowby hmmmm. Did the PCV vacuum line have oil inside it?

ok... just like 2 days ago I just changed oil with 10w30. maybe that oil is to light. The inside of the pcv line to the manifold is coated with oil.... No oil is draining from the pcv valve but it has not been active in quite some time and if there was a lot of oil in it it possibly drained out. There was even a little bit of oil settled in the bottom of the upper intake cause some came out when I pulled the cold start injector!!

Yodathespain,the water is little bitty beads around the inside of the pipe where it exits the back of the car. Idling, if I hit the gas real hard a few times it'll spit out some drops of water. I've only noticed it at start up and after about 5min of driving then stopping to check again. Haven't looked for it after long drives.

Spf, I took the heads down till they were bare. Machine shop vatted them for me. I replaced the valve stem seals and put everything back together. Put cams in and checked my clearances. I used brand new head bolts also.

I want to thank ya'll again for all your help. It's very appreciated.

The water sounds normal and seeing as you used new head bolts, we can cancel out the head bolts stretching. Hmm. The smoke coming out the back is not oily smoke? Now do you notice any white flakes kinda like fake snow? I still think its anti freeze, could be early stages. You wouldn't see the green coming out the exhaust.

Ok guys..... You're going to think I'm crazy but I fabbed up a make shift oil catch can. I plumbed it between pcv and manifold and caught a crap load of oil!!!!! So I think that's my prob. Thanks everyone for your help an I guess you were right spf!

If you're catching a lot of oil from the cam covers, then it's probable that you have excessive blowby, which points a finger at your rings. Have a look at post #6 in this thread.

You can confirm this by pulling your dipstick out and checking to see if there's smoky vapor coming out the tube and/or positive pressure at the tube. You may not see it or feel it at idle, but rev the motor up and see what you get.

Thanks cribbj... I did what you said and had no vapor at the tube or pressure. I caught oil at first but now I don't seem to be catching anymore. My car is killing me...... but it only smoked once since the catch can instal so I'm still keeping my fingers crossed. going to get a new pcv valve and grommet and do away with the catch can and see what happens. say a small prayer for me :D

im going way out on left field and what alot of the members here are saying may or will have something to do with ur smoking issue, but here where its snowed alot recently we've notice with alot of cars that we've fixed is that when your car has been sitting for a lonnnnnnnnnng time and you dont have much gas in ur tank then the gas goes bad and the exhaust has a nasty smell along with white smoke.

If your compression comes out good and not burning any oil i would suggest to put a gas treatment in ur tank and i see that u just pumped a full tank of gas, so it its going away then u might be burning off the bad gas as well. Just something to take in consideration if everything else is ok.

ok cribbj.... I checked again and I do have smoky vapor coming out of my dipstick tube. I just didnt see it before. I will be out of town on work all next week so i'm going to do a compression test when I get back. May be rebuilding my other engine very soon now :mad:

ok cribbj.... I checked again and I do have smoky vapor coming out of my dipstick tube. I just didnt see it before. I will be out of town on work all next week so i'm going to do a compression test when I get back. May be rebuilding my other engine very soon now :mad:
Hey, you could always put band-aids in like 20w50 oil;)

A compression test may not tell you much if all cylinders are acting the same way, but while you have all the plugs out, take the opportunity and do a leakdown test. That'll tell you whether your rings have seated or not.