Car of Choice for 1UZFE Swap

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
I'm not sure the torque curve of the 1UZ suits an F100.

I think the Ford needs lots of grunt to get it going.

You could drop a 390 (or bigger) Ford in for a lot less money then the 1UZ conversion and have a more effective weapon.

i like that k1 car. i definetely think purpose built spaceframed car would be the way to go for ultimate 1uz. maybe something like the f40 silloette, or an Ultima GTR. either one of those or have a custom chassis made up to fit a rear mounted 1uz and transaxle into the smallest wheelbase and track possible, then drop an old mini cooper body onto it. fit the best brakes you can behind 13" minilites, and then get it registered and blow ferraris away on the motorway. that would be cool. lol.

I have seen one in a Datsun 1600 [ 510 ] and it was tight but went in ok , was stock standard including the auto , but did have a rack and pinion conversion , he ran it as a bit of a sleeper , I saw it at a servo !! in Jimboomba Brisbane .

A normal ford boat anchor is fine for normal f100 but It's not your normal run of the mill f100(it only weighs 1,550kg's at the moment), it's bagged with 22
" wheels, will have a body drop and massive amounts of body work, and the motor won't be either, it'll be a vvti 1uz(upgraded internals) with a eaton m112, two gt28's and a nos system, and it should debut at the summernats after next(all going to plan).
p.s. apolagies to all who revear the single cam pushrod dinosaurs but it just doesn't cut it for me anymore.

Monaro-azz,

This could be just the excuse to go to the Summernats.

Attachments

• 3037A.jpg
    3037A.jpg
    122.5 KB · Views: 4
  • 3037B.jpg
    3037B.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 3
  • 3037C.jpg
    3037C.jpg
    122.4 KB · Views: 3
  • 3037D.jpg
    3037D.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 3
  • 3037E.jpg
    3037E.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 4
  • 3037F.jpg
    3037F.jpg
    116.7 KB · Views: 4
I would love to put it in a IS300 Lexus. Keep it in the family.
I can't stand any modern Japanese sports car but I like the boxy IS200 and IS300. I have no idea how I would do it. Probably just run a full chassis drag car style.
Nath

Currently I'm trying to stuff a 1uz in a 1200 coupe, shooting for a total weight of around 1900 lbs after it is back halfed. I'll post up some pics later in the project when I start trying to fit the engine, most of my time right now is going towards getting rid of rust and making sure the body is straight. If I don't get the bodywork done right now it'll never get done and look like a turd.

I wonder if the steering box is still an issue on the LHD ones that came to the U.S. Can anyone verify what it was that's causing the problem with the steering box on the 1200 utes? Is it the block itself or something weird like the alternator?

Planning on running a a wilwood master cyl for the brakes and just move it over till its out of the way and make a offset pedal to get it where its needed.

Well, i've just joined to start doing the research for mine, a 1987 300SEL (w126 chassis). Since this is the first 1uz jobby for me, it will be stock save for exhaust and possibly some intake mods, if i find them worthwhile. As this car is in perfect nick im going for a daily driver style conversion, ensuring every factory accessory remains employed but replacing the once reliable m103 motor (its young, only 170k) with the ultimate in daily driver motors. Cant wait. like previous projects though ill get half way through and start making turbo headers!

Cheers,

Aaron.

heres the beast:
12_1708522_12172005102159PM.jpg

Car of choice.... the one im doing of course!:D
But we are all saying that
slaphappy.gif

Toyota 1977 RA28/RA29 Celica (aka Mustang Back Celica).
Best looking Celica ever made.

Perfectly sized for the 1UZ.
Not too small (like the TA22), and not too heavy (like the RA60s and Supra's).
Factory spec'ed weight of 1060Kg.

Engine bay is plenty large enough, but the steering box is a problem (im doing R&P conversion).
Obvious gearbox & diff upgrades also needed.

Not an easy conversion, but the looks of the car, finished weight and handling should be well worth it!!!

Don't do it.

The old Datsun Fairlady or 1600 is a classic waiting to be fully discovered.

You will destroy a small piece of history.

supratool:

I have seen one of these with a Ford 302 engine in it and it was tight ! The problem was the
exhaust, the guy that had done it had removed chunks of the inner wings to get the engine in.

The gearbox tunnel also needed extensive surgery to get the auto box to fit.

Of course, anything is possible if you want it badly enough....

Thank you all for the replies

Rod Zuffen (this is my favorite hobby w/German girl , heh heh) I am a driving enthusiast not a Historian , a near 40 yr old vehicle is not reliable nor has the performance that I desire. Not with an anemic estrogen inducing 96 hp power plant.I hope my statements/comments won't offend you . If the car had the power and reliability of a modern cars in which I feel confident in making any extended trips, sure I have no qualms keeping it stock. I love the lines and the way the car looks it jus needs a big wing , flared fenders and fart can tail pipe.
AM 3037, it seems that ewery other coversion is a sr20det . I don't want to fall in line with everybody , I don't want to be unique. I just want to be odd,besides I alredy have a turbocharged car my trusy ol' 97 6spd bpu++++ Supra.baddest car I'll ever own.
Autronic , I've heard about the Ford 302 conversion If that engine is a tight fit I would imagine a uz series w/DOHC would be even more difficult or more than likely an inprobable conversion.Damn I don't have many options.
If I keep it stock I better get used to all the Miata owners questioning my sexuality.

Will