Can't pull codes

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Gator3

I'm putting the jumper wire in Te1 and E1 to check codes on my 1993 LS 400; have12.5 volts, have it neutral, AC off, throttle valve closed as far as I can tell, and turn the ignition on but check engine light does not do anything but stay lit.
Car has a real lack of power, and I hear a clicking on the D/S fuel rail toward the back where there is a vacum looking partis in the fuel line. I have a mechanics stethoscope and that is where it is the loudest. This sound just started yesterday when my check engine came on.
Any body got any ideas as to what I can do to check codes?
Many thanks in advance. Scott

Are you starting the car? Jumper the terminals and make sure a good half inch of the paperclip or whatever is inserted into the diagnostics plug. Then turn your car to the IGN position but don't crank it over. Should work.

USDM cars don't have the feature to pull codes by shorting the pins, only toyota scanner works with them. At least this is true for LS430.

USDM cars don't have the feature to pull codes by shorting the pins, only toyota scanner works with them. At least this is true for LS430.

i have found that as long as the car is obd2 you can just scan it, if its a swap and you used the obd 2 wiring you just have to wire in the obd2 port, i did and it works beautifully

pre-obd2 cars are also scanable, of course you need to wire everything correctly.
I came across a few USDM LS430's, they only could be read with scanning software. No TC to E1 trick. (surprisingly they are popular here)