Can somebody check out this Supra for me?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

goodwood73

I am looking for an individual or shop around Detroit, MI to check out his car for me. It is kind of one of those too good to be true deals, but I'll bite. I also have a VIN number so if someone could run it in carfax for me I would appreciate it. I live in GA so a quick inspection is out of the question. I ran into this ad while looking for parts for my 1uzfe Porsche 914 swap. Any help or comments would be appreciated. Any good questions to ask this seller? He said he would ship it for $190.00. I don't know how?
shrug.gif

Also the seller does not want to ship COD. Do you guys know of a payment method or intermediate that can hold payment until goods are delivered ( kind of like paypal)? Is there anyway to tell if a car is stolen? I don't want to get
smileysex5.gif

VIN JT2JA82J9R0019769

Should be1994 twin turbo 6 speed with 80-90k miles

Thanks again. PM me if you can help out or just post back here. I'm working on getting the address of the vehicle. The seller says he is out of the country and no longer uses the car any more so he wants to get rid of it...a little fishy.

Paul

SCAM

Out of the country = scam, always. Don't get burned. If it's too good to be true, it probably is. Let me guess, he wants a wire transfer for payment, right?

I know, I know. But still I would like to F with this guy as much as possible. Anyone in the area? I have found some good deals before and am very careful.
thanks
Paul

there has been a lot of scam on supras, they are listed all over cars.com and ebay at like 6000 buy it now, with now buy it no option, and also the sellers unable to use thier ebay contact........watch out

Oh my goodness,

This scam is as old as dirt. You can find many Supras, Lexus..etc on Yahoo, some on Ebay with blocked contact..etc for 1/3 of the current market price. The sellers ask you to wire the money through Money Gram, Western Union, or they even give you a cashier check of more than the amount you should pay and ask you to return the change later. None of the above methods have any insurance...Those sellers always reside in another country, perhaps they're afraid to hear you cuss...hah..hah. Forget the deal.***However, if the sellers want to go through an Escrow service that you provide, then the sellers might be selling for real. An Escrow service insures you the total money. The reason I know of this is because I've been through, but I got lucky enough to do some researchs first.

Attachments

• 1UZoilfilter.jpg
    1UZoilfilter.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 2
scam dont do it, there is a guy out of ohio that does the samething he wants 5000 for a supra tt with like 30,000 of stuff in it- yea ether the guy is super dumb or he stole it, take your 6gs and put it in a lexus sc or save the cash,

Thanks guys, when i told him someone local was going to check it out he said it was in a different location. I told him the new location was where i lived and i would come today. At this point it is just fun to mess with him. Maybe I'll ask him if i can wire the money from my Nigerian account. Or just tell him to F*** his mother.
Paul

I have seen all the scams over the internet, I have recieved fake postal money orders, fake bank checks you name it...My advise to you is call this guy and hire "your own" escrow company to work the transaction, see if the seller agrees... I got burnt so bad by a scam once, I learned my lesson fast and painfully....

Quick summary: Several years ago I get an Ebay email requesting if I am interested in a second chance offer on a bulk sale of HP laptops listed for real on Ebay. The second chance offer Ebay email sent to me was a fake, even though it looked absolutely legit in everyway coming from Ebay. I check this guy out on Ebay and he is an actual %100 ebayer for one year with a perfect history. Anyway the deal is fantastic and he sends me a fake Ebay escrow email and sets up a fake escrow ebay account..He sends email after email and it all looks so legit, these emails rerouted with links to what looked like more legitimate EBay disclosures, etc. He had all my information. This guy was a pro and lived in Italy...Anyway, I sent the money to this fake Escrow at Ebay and the guy took the money and ran.. Even the sent address name in these fake emails came up Ebay, so I didn't think twice to double check anything, out...After I got screwed, I contacted the Italian officials, I did get an address, wrote letters in Italian to the officials and tried to hunt this theif down.. Needless to say he got away clean with several thousand dollars of mine... It was the most professional scam I have ever seen... Ebay worked with me, paypal, nothing.. End of story...Wow, that one still hurts me to this day.

In closing: People please be extra careful and double check everything twice when it comes to purchasing over the internet or out of Country or State. Especially if the seller insists the sale be made on the his terms only.... Always be weary of official looking emails that are sent to your own email account, they could be fake.....Good luck...

Ps: Any transactions coming from Africa, Nigieria, etc.. run as fast and far away as possible. From working with police officials on shuting down the internet fraud, I came to find out that these scams are mostly all generated from these crooks living in the Florida area. These guys have connections in Nigeria, and Africa for the most part. Govenment officials are working hard to catch these guys and it is only a matter of time, and I have been trying to help them as best I can for years....

jibby, that's a painful story. Sorry to hear that. well i did get an new email from this guy with an address and location of the car. Looks like downtown area of detroit. Anyone have an unlimited CarFax account?

Address : 150 Michigan Ave , Detroit, MI 48226

Google Local. works gud!

new update, this guy keeps emailing me even though I am insulting him with every reply.

from the last email...

Right now i am out of the country. I am in London, UK. Do you want to call me here?
I want the money via Western Union.
My car it's at a shipping company in Detroit so you can send someone to see it no problem. He must to go and ask there for the car.

John,
Sorry to hear about your story. Yeah, that's true and can be done. I'm a partial Web designer for client/server network and know all of the internet relational protocols...etc. So I know the thiefs can register their domains (internet addressses) for around $10/address, and then post their internet addresses that look similar to Ebay. And then they create fake websites with Ebay logo or any company logos. So the game continues around their web-site until they got the money and flew away. Those guys are good because in order to do that scam, they had to spend times developing the website, games..etc.

As for goodwood73, don't buy it. When the seller says he's in London, UK, Bulgarian...etc, he's probably fake.

I have another experience. When I tried to sell my rims for $600 through www.recycler.com, some buyers said they're interested into mine so they'll send someones with a check of $2000 to pick up the rims or I'll send out the rims..etc. Some buyers wanted me to refund only $1000 and I could keep and additional $400 as a good deed of my time. And now, I could smell what's going on because I know a guy who was in the same situation as mine. He lost the rims and $1000. So I didn't sell anything to those buyers.

Steve you are exactly right. I have seen that scam before about your rims, many times... They say I am sending a messenger, something like DHL to pick up the merchandise and then leave you with a fake cashiers check, money order, etc. standing at the door. Seen it all and that is actually an older scam....

Attachments

• IMG_0422.JPG
    IMG_0422.JPG
    67.3 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_0424.JPG
    IMG_0424.JPG
    47.1 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_0425.JPG
    IMG_0425.JPG
    48.8 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_0426.JPG
    IMG_0426.JPG
    44.4 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_0428.JPG
    IMG_0428.JPG
    32.1 KB · Views: 3
here is this scamer going to give my 20 mil for free wow what a deal lol
i told him to go away and he still mails me
You can now email me at: [email protected]

From the Desk of:- MR. VICTOR MUSA

ACCOUNTS DEPARTMENT

UNION BANK OF NIGERIA PLC

MARINA- BRANCH, LAGOS.

My private e-mail address:- [email protected]

TO: THE MANAGING DIRECTOR/CEO

DEAR SIR,

REQUEST: TRANSFER OF THE SUM OF US$20.5M DOLLARS INTO YOUR ACCOUNT.

FIRST, I MUST SOLICIT YOUR CONFIDENCE IN THIS TRANSACTION.THIS IS BY VIRTUE OF ITS NATURE AS BEING UTTERLY CONFIDENTIAL AND TOP SECRET.THOUGH I KNOW THAT A TRANSACTION OF THIS MAGNITUDE WILL MAKE ANYONE APPREHENSIVE AND WORRIED.BUT I AM ASSURING YOU THAT YOU WILL BE ADEQUATELY REWARDED AT THE CONCLUSION OF THE TRANSACTION.

WE HAVE DECIDED TO CONTACT YOU THROUGH THIS MEDIUM DUE TO THE URGENCY OF THIS TRANSACTION AS WE HAVE BEEN RELIABLY INFORMED OF YOUR DISCRETENESS AND ABILITY.

LET ME START BY INTRODUCING MYSELF TO YOU. I AM MR.VICOTR MUSA, A SENIOR ACCOUNTANT WITH THE UNION BANK OF NIGERIA PLC. MARINA BRANCH OFFICE, LAGOS.I CAME TO KNOW ABOUT YOU IN MY PRIVATE SEARCH FOR A RELIABLE AND REPUTABLE PERSON TO HANDLE THIS CONFIDENTIAL TRANSACTION AS WE ARE STILL IN ACTIVE SERVICE.

THE PROPOSITION.AN AUSTRALIAN NATIONAL,LATE ENGINEER BUTCH R. MIGUEL,AN OIL MERCHANT/CONTRACTOR WITH THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT OF NIGERIA,UNTIL HIS DEATH THREE YEARS AGO IN A GHASTLY AIR CRASH IN AN EGYPTIAN AIRLINE,BANKED WITH US HERE AT UNION BANK OF NIGERIA PLC. MARINA BRANCH LAGOS, AND HAD A CLOSING BALANCE OF US$20.5M (TWENTY MILLION, FIVE HUNDRED THOUSAND UNITED STATES DOLLARS) WHICH THE BANK UNQUESTIONABLY EXPECTS IT TO BE CLAIMED BY ANY AVAILABLE FOREIGN NEXT-OF-KIN TO THE LATE BENEFICIARY.

SEQUEL TO THIS, SPIRITED EFFORTS WERE MADE BY UNION BANK PLC.TO GET IN TOUCH WITH ANY OF THE MIGUEL'S FAMILY OR RELATIVES BUT PROVED ABORTIVE.IT IS BECAUSE OF THE PERCEIVED POSIBILITY OF NOT BEING ABLE TO LOCATE ANY OF THE LATE ENGR.BUTCH R. MIGUEL'S [NEXT-OF-KIN] HE HAD NO KNOWN WIFE AND CHILDREN) THAT THE MANAGEMENT UNDER THE INFLUENCE OF OUR HONOURABLE CHAIRMAN AND MEMBERS OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS,(Retired)MAJOR-GENERAL KALU UKE KALU

THAT AN ARRANGEMENT BE MADE FOR THE FUNDS TO BE DECLARED "UN-CLAIMABLE" AS EARLIER AND CONSIGNED TO A DORMANT ACCOUNT.

IN ORDER TO AVERT THIS CRUDE AND NEGATIVE DEVELOPMENT, SOME OF MY TRUSTED COLLEAGUES AND I NOW SEEK YOUR PERMISSION TO HAVE YOU STAND AS THE NEXT-OF-KIN TO LATE ENGR. BUTCH R.MIGUEL, SO THAT THE FUND US$20.5M WOULD BE RELEASED AND PAID INTO YOUR ACCOUNT AS THE DECEASED NEXT-OF-KIN. ALL DOCUMENTS AND PROOFS TO ENABLE YOU RECIEVE THIS FUNDS WILL BE CAREFULLY WORKED OUT AND MORESO AS PROFESSIONAL BANKERS, WE ARE ASSURING YOU OF 100% RISK-FREE INVOLVEMENT.

YOUR SHARE STAYS WHILE THE REST WILL BE FOR MYSELF AND MY COLLEAGUES FOR INVESTMENT PURPOSES IN YOUR COUNTRY. IF THIS PROPOSAL IS OKAY BY YOU,THEN KINDLY GET BACK TO ME IMMEDIATELY.

THANK YOU IN ANTICIPATON OF YOUR CO-OPERATION.

REGARDS,

MR.VICTOR MUSA,

(Senior Accountant)

UNION BANK OF NIGERIA PLC.

MARINA BRANCH, LAGOS.

my private e-mail address:- [email protected]

- victor musa

Gentelmen,

I think it's time a Moderator waved a big stick.

Please DO NOT use "**" to make your intended bad language acceptable to the on-line censor.

There are rules on the Forum you all agreed to before you signed up.

The intention of this Forum is that it be acceptable for your wife, girlfriend or children to read it and not be embarrased.

What you are doing is lowering the tone of the Forum for no good reason.

I'm no prude I can (and do) swear with best of them but when I'm typing the words are coming a bit slower and I have time to use a word that says the same but in a socially acceptable way.

There's a clean up campaign under way.

I have no problem suspending members who insist on using bad language.

Most of us are adults (there are a few 15 year olds on here) so lets act like adults.

Zuffen,

I hope you didn't mean me. I only used "***" as a notice point. It's here: "***However, if the sellers want to go through an Escrow service.....". It's not in any language.

Cleaning up the forum is nice. I thought this was already the cleanest forum around.. Anyway, I think I am guilty of the **** comments once or twice in the past, as I believe many other members are too.... Received and understood..

Back on topic - I have seen similar scams to that effect, where as someone has died and a collection of insurance or some other type of benefits are rewarded to the benificiary but needs some "Joe" to collect it... This is a way to get a hold of your personal information... This too is an older scam...