Can 1uzfe be swap on 1980 ke-70 corolla

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Hey pro240c, me an a mate rang transport WA an enquired about doing same conv an when we said alloy lexus upgraded brakes an diff the guy sounded real interested an said lodge a vehicle mod application and we will look at it, he was hesitant until we said it was lexus, I am quite sure the engineer I used for my lux would sighn it off as long as it was done right, so maybe it is poss to be legal even in WA

my thoughts exactly. DOPI know the lexus V8 is lighter than your std five-point-oh and you just need brakes and suspension upgrade and you're there.

i'll add a nine inch for good measure though : )

crown brakes bolt to celica/supra stuts struts fit corolla gives 5 stud front, rear use early hilux an narrow a wisker to suit without resplining an use ford rotors dunno which calipers maybe pintara, too easy all we need is a chassis number and engine number to lodge application :smileysex just to see what they say

you don't even need a chassis or VIN number. you just need the make of car and make of engine and explain you want to know if it can be done before you buy the car.

what crown brakes are you talking about? are they vented discs? what year celica struts?

big big 1uz crown royal bolt to ra60 I think, thats wot the dude on here with ae86 v8 says in one of his threads, its the late 70,s fat roundy shape, if I hav time I might try it, also wana see if they bolt to hilux stubs coz they r huge, 15" wheels min

pity your not over here or vice versa, we could all get together an make it happen, how nuts would it be in a 2 door butt ugly corolla fully legal with 1uz v8 woopn sum ass, at the motorplex of course. got me thinkn might just put the forms in just to find out, was told chassis an eng # needed or they wouldnt even consider it, might try it without

Itll obviously need to be engineered, and the engineer will probably tell you to strengthen the chassis.

Thats what i got told for my RA28 conversion, and the RA28 chassis is probably stronger than a KE70's.

Being around the 850-950kg mark, maximum size engine is 3.4-3.8L

I doubt you'll get an engineer signing off saying the car weighs 1000kg from factory.

And yes, those a FACTORY weights, not weights post conversion unfortunately.

Peewee said:
And yes, those a FACTORY weights, not weights post conversion unfortunately.
damn, so we are looking for a car that has a factory weight of 1000kg, then lighten the hell out of it after engineer or would it be ok if it ended up 850Kg after the conversion?

well the dude from transport said they would consider aproval in principal, doesnt mean yes but doesnt mean no, I will ask the engineer when I take the black lux to him next month

AFAIK Code of Practice isn't in yet, but will be soon.
Some of it is still under drafting.

And Aaron, once the COP comes in, you will not be able to over rule it.
Thats the whole idea of a National rule, no one can go above it.

they said that about the NHRA regs too and there are still people getting wild mods passed. i guess though, they have a nationally recognised body lobbying for the sport whereas passenger vehicles have crash inspection engineers on govt salaries deciding what is best.

would be a pity to see it fully enforced. WA and NT have never really adopted the eastern states ways though so it would be interesting to see.

if so i'll just have to look at a 240DL volvo conversion and strip the bitch.

G'day Fellas,
I have had a read of the new regs on the Dotars site as I am in the proccess of doing a swap at the moment and have 2 more waiting in the wings, so I need to make sure I am not building an unregisterable vehicle. The new NCOP regs are pretty explicet, but you still need to check with your Cert. Engineer all with all your plans. As long as your car complies with the NCOP's and local State authorities go along with it, I think it will be a good thing. OK you can't jam a Big Block into a Mini Moke, but if you play by the rules you will get rego! The Engineer goes thru the checklist that anyone can download, ticks off the relevent bits and pieces. It takes out the maybe it's legal/ maybe it's not stuff.It is very clear cut. Big advatage is with the new system you won't have to keep a copy of your Engineers Certificate in the glove box and explain the whole deal to a Cop who is half tuned in. The car gets a plate affixed to it with letters stamped on it which relate to any mods on the car. I have mates that have been defected and had to go thru a heap of hassle purely because they didn't have their paperwork on them! I am not talking about 17 year olds in animal cars either, guys near 50 yrs old done for seats, steering wheels, rims and tyres, stupid stuff that was legal.
It means that to build a really potent car you have to use more brain power, ie The 1UZ really will be a usefull piece of gear!!!!

Regards,
Freddy