Caltex e-Flex E85 vs BP Premium 98-octane

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Hey FoPar, if you ran E98 instead of 85, would you end up with even less of a fuel requirement than the standard 98? I got to thinking and wondered if E98 had more energy value or is it just detonation threshhold?

Hey FoPar, if you ran E98 instead of 85, would you end up with even less of a fuel requirement than the standard 98? I got to thinking and wondered if E98 had more energy value or is it just detonation threshhold?

funnily you'd actually use more fuel again. the energy content of ethanol is less than gasoline, but the octane rating is alot higher. pure ethanol is around 112 octane. it's like methanol, lower energy content again but a higher octane, much cooler fuel allows the engine to make more power.

what engine do u have in ur car? i was just looking at the 98 and E85 tunes at WOT and 21psi, 25% more E85 is used than. the E85 tune reads 11.4 AFR and the BP98 reads 12.2 AFR

1994 Toyota Soarer UZZ31. I'm also picking up a 1996 Toyota Soarer UZZ32 soon. It's the latter that I'm looking to pepper up, as it has a far superior chassis to any other Soarer.

I want a streetcar, a sort of E55 AMG equivalent - a comfortable, refined luxury car with a strong reaction when you hit the go pedal. However, power is not the only criterion for my application as it's a car that I will be using relatively often, often in traffic. If the E85 in Victoria was 25% or more cheaper, then it'd be a no brainer to use it.