Standalone ECU Calling all Wolf users

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Zuffen

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm about to start making the loom for my Wolf ECU.

To save re-inventing the wheel does anyone have a schematic of the loom they made for their Wolf.

I'm running a V3 pro4+.

Thanks in anticipation.

Aaron,

I've been talking to Ryan and he will be posting something up.

It will be interesting to see how others have done it.

Hi Rod,
I didnt draw up any scematic, just wired it up as the manuall suggested. The biggest thing is sheilding your input wires. From memory the two sensors that are used, ie crank and cam sensors req the white wire to be connected to the ecu sig wire and the other to earth. This gives the the neg then positive trace that the ecu req. will post you my lateest map but still not dynoey yet. Kris

around $1350 AUD + fitting + handset.

in Australia we have MANY MANY stand alone fuel and ignition ECUs - Microtech, Wolf, Link, EMS, Hawk, Haltech, Autronic, MoTeC just to name the most common that pop to mind.

Hey ya Rod, like krayn, i never did up a schematic either. I just used the one in the manual. The problem, as you know, is that 1UZs seem to have different colourings for the wires in the loom on different models so is a bit hard to just do up one schematic. Its not difficult though, if you can wire a stock ECM you can wire the wolf.

The critical part really is the triggering - hardware and software. And yeah krayn is correct, white wire of the cam/crank sensor to ECU trigger for positive triggering. Once thats done they are a great budget ECU. There are some shortcommings in drivability (the interpolation is a little average and without PID control for closed loop idle and fuel it becomes tricky but not impossible) but that is to be expected with a budget ECU, however my biggest gripe is the software has no datalogging but finally it is nearly here with a new version of PC software that is currently in beta testing with a few dealers, stole the below pic from another forum, it is likely to be pretty different visually from this early screen grab though....

Attachments

• webmx5-004.jpg
    webmx5-004.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 6
  • webmx5-005.jpg
    webmx5-005.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 5
  • webmx5-006.jpg
    webmx5-006.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 5
  • webmx5-009.jpg
    webmx5-009.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 8
  • webmx5-010.jpg
    webmx5-010.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 2
Wolf here too, same as above no schematic just followed the manual.
Not running yet either so no help, sorry.
I've always liked the feature with the wolf of being able to lock down the ecu with a pin code, not fool proof but never the less another obsticle for the thieves.
Cheers

The PIN code can act like an immobiliser.

Not sure I'd like to leave the hand controller attached in my car. It doesn't have any doors. The controler would keep going missing. Then I couldn't drive home!

haha.

Seriously, the other way of having security without the pin code is to buy the external memory card from wolf and have a running map on there and in the main unit a map that does not allow the engine to run or gives a kinda valet mode. You switch between internal and external memory using a spare aux input, when you leave the car you just un-plug the memory module which is about 50mm square.