Budget low boost single turbo

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

fruitysupra

Hi all,
Now I know this has probably been asked a billion and 1 times but I was reading on another lexus site about a budget low boost single turbo set up and im a tad confused. from reading it it would appear that only one header is being swapped to be facing the opposite way so in theory the turbo only running through one half of the engine.
there was some confusion though on that site so I thought id ask here as would like to go turbo on my v8 supra and just wondering if this is a more cost effective way of doing it. im not after any records just for the fun of doing it.
So I guess my question is can it be done? can a single turbo be hooked up to just one of the headers and re join the exhaust system before the x pipe.
ta

Yes, Saab did it in 1999 on their V6.

You will want a turbo with the turbine sized for 2 liters and the compressor sized for 4 liters.

and saab made such awesome performance cars *puke*

run a cross over under the trans and into the other header so all 8 feed into the turbo this will ensure a similar pressure differential across both banks rather than having to tune each side of the motor richer or leaner and running less than optimal ignition timing or again bank dependent....

Thanks guys that cleared a few things up. Since posting that though I have now purchased a holset hx40 and will be fabricating it into both manifolds