Brand new aftermarket starter motor

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

fastegg

I have spoken in my other post about my clicking solenoid. I note on ebay USA (Im Australian) you can get 'brand new' aftermarket starter motors for under $100 and under $100 freight. Has anybody used these as a replacement ? Are they close to OEM quality ? Or do you go reman ?

Last year I bought a 1UZ starter from a Toyota shop in the UK.
It appeared that the Toyota shop is selling refurbished starters,
they beef up scrapped/2nd hand starters and sell them at reduced prices

How much did you pay for it ?... Are you happy with it ?..... Do you have an address for them ?...... Any reason you didn't choose a brand new after market ?

How much did you pay for it ?... Are you happy with it ?..... Do you have an address for them ?...... Any reason you didn't choose a brand new after market ?

Happy, yes. It works every time I turn the key.

Price 276 pound sterling, including UK VAT that is.

I bought it from a shop named Yeoman's in Brighton UK.

Last edited:
I just found out there are 2 different types of starters with 2 different mounting bolt patterns on the same 1UZ engine and I guess the only way I'll know is to wait until Ive got it off to see which one it is ?

Attachments

• 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 6
  • 123.jpg
    123.jpg
    5 KB · Views: 19
  • $_12.JPG
    $_12.JPG
    23.2 KB · Views: 5
Which part dont you understand ?.... look at the pictures.... 2 different bolt patterns for 2 different starters... One also the nose sticks out further than the other.... both sold for 89-00 LS400 on ebay ....

Relying on my feeble memory, I'd say the one in the left pic is correct for the early 1UZ. I don't recall seeing anything like the one on the right for our engines, but Justen has had experience with both generations and he may jump in and clarify this better than I.

I guess those Americans selling the "new" starters may have surprisingly narrow eyes
So unless you see too many aboriginals in your local workshop, I would recommend to have your broken unit rebuilt and fitted back