BRAKEBOOSTER CLEARANCE ISSUE

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

air4swun

firstly i have a 91 supra with an r154 and the ls400 1uz with a sc400 pan and skirt. It sits past the sway bar. I cant clear the brake booster to get the engine back far enough to get the mounts to center up on the stock location where the 7m was. this would also jack up my plans to use the stock driveshaft. Then also the oil filter braket is sittin dead center on the power steering proportioning valve. its all due to the brakebooster. I figured i could get a trasdapt remote oil filter designed for the supra since they both use the same oil filter, but i was wondering if i could remove the spacer plate on the back of the booster (I have an 87 yota pick up booster). then shorten the cable so it fits correctly in the pedal mount? Any ideas? i can post pics wednesday night.

firstly i have a 91 supra with an r154 and the ls400 1uz with a sc400 pan and skirt. It sits past the sway bar. I cant clear the brake booster to get the engine back far enough to get the mounts to center up on the stock location where the 7m was. this would also jack up my plans to use the stock driveshaft. Then also the oil filter braket is sittin dead center on the power steering proportioning valve. its all due to the brakebooster. I figured i could get a trasdapt remote oil filter designed for the supra since they both use the same oil filter, but i was wondering if i could remove the spacer plate on the back of the booster (I have an 87 yota pick up booster). then shorten the cable so it fits correctly in the pedal mount? Any ideas? i can post pics wednesday night.

I kept the stock 7M-GTE booster that was in my '87 MkIII. Takes some creative use of a ball peen hammer to reshape the booster where the interference occurs but it will fit. My R154 sits in the stock location and I was able to use the stock drive shaft which was later replaced by a Shaftmasters 1pc Al drive shaft made for the 7M-GTE/R154 combo.

You are correct about the Toyota truck booster... However I just confirmed a friend local is using a Nissan truck booster, or at least he swears that it is..... I guess it really does not matter, lol.