Blown EA Flacon Pics

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
hey to all well got the diff and trans today fitted the diff in the car what a big mother of a diff it is full spool strange 9" diff looks tuff just looking at it should be in the shop to get the gearbox fitted and transbrake wired up should not be far from complition
cool, yeah those 9" diffs are heavy too. what size axels 31 spline? and which diff ratio did you choose?
be intersting your feedback on gear choice cos i reckon with the power glide depending on first gear ratio you might need 3.77 ish? but you you may be revving hard accross the line when it gets going.
thanks for the update, the Zoom article has no detail in the build so this thread is awsome for details.
Dean

Hey Mate,

Thinking of doing the same thing, minus the turbo's in my EA Wagon.

With the Wolf 3D, what did you use to run the gearbox? the factory gearbox ECU?

I'm trying to use a LS400 front cut with the single ECU, as i'm keeping the factory tune. After looking at your custom sump, not sure the front sump LS400 engine's sump will fit between the lower rails.......

Nice work :)

Nilezy

The LS400 Front sump won't fit without either modifying it as Blown EA or myself have done. I spose you could modify the car, but the sump is easier ;-)

I've done the same to an EB Wagon : http://lextreme.com//forums/showthread.php?t=3861

A few things to watch when using an LS400 cut. You should install a centre bearing for the tailshaft. I've got a custom shaft thats got a slip joint in it to handle the give as the LS400 gearbox doesn't have a slip joint. the problem is, the damm shaft is soooooo long. It works, but its not the best solution.

Exhaust headers from the LS400 don't fit.. Either use the crown headers, or cut the LS400 ones down.

There are a few other things as well that I can't remember off the top of my head.. have a look in my thread if you would like to see what I ended up doing.

Ben

Hey,

Thanks for that, didn't think the LS400 sump would fit either, since its wider than the gap between the lower rails, will just have to make a custom one....

What engine mounts did you use? I'm guessing that the bracket is your own custom design? what about the mount itself? An off the shelf item? Any major modes to setting up the mounts? What about the gearbox mounts?

If you mount the engine in a particular spot, does the gearbox x-member line up with the 1UZ gearbox mount?

Is your EA a series 1 or 2? Is it an electronic speedo?

If you make a two piece tailshaft, is there a mount for a centre bearing on an EA tunnel?

What fuel pump are you using?

Cheers,
Nilezy

I've used stock engine mounts with my own mount on the engine.

s5300345.jpg.jpg

on my EB there is two gearbox x-member mounts under the body.. the one most foward is the one I ended up using. I had make my own mount to go from the x-member to the box tho...

the EB had an electronic speedo, so it just needs either the correct sender, or as I used an adjuster.

There is no mount for a centre bearing.. which is why I got my massive shaft made. I'll be getting a mount put in when I get the money.

I'm using the stock EB fuel pump.. seems fine.

When your mounting the engine, its the oil filter that determins where its going to sit. Its tight, but you can make it go in the stock position.

check out the pictures in my thread to get an idea on how I mounted things...

I'll post more when I get home from work..

later.

hey there i made my own sump for the car and the engine mounts are standard 1uzfe mounts and then i got some box tube welded to the front k frame of the car with the tail shaft i got one made a single one not the one with the bearing in the middle i am using twin fuel pumps and a swirl pot in the boot of the car but the standard one will be fine for you if you tend to keep it standard with the gear box i used the standard one of the half cut i got and wired up the trip tronic controller to activate the gear changers with the gear box mount i just modded the ford one that was on the car
as for the oil filter i mounted it near the front of the engine as it was easy for me to remove when doing oil changes

hey to all the ea is still in the workshop hanging out to drive it hope to have it soon if any one is intrested in the engine in my car it has come time to part with it as a complete motor turbos manifolds wastegates computer 4 speed gearbox triptronic controller ecu to run it and programed for the engine feel free to ask any questions

hey to all it has been a while since i was on here just thought i would let you guys know whats going on with the car i got the gearbox and 5500 histall and a trans brake put in the heads got a working over the valves re seated seals changed the nine inch diff put in new manifold getting made with lt throttle boddy going on it and fuel system and lines up graded hope to have some pics soon to post up for you guys to see

1uzfe powerglide in a ea

hey here are some pics of my car with out the heads on it all the turbo manifolds and intercooler pipe work removed and you gan see the 2 speed power glide attached to the motor and the gearbox mount that had to be fabricated

hey guys i havent been on here for a long time wanted to post some pics up but forgot how to make them small if you could tell me i would put the latest pictures up of the ea