BJ70 to Lex Conversion

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
I have seen an a/c compressor used before (ed falcon v8 in a 40 series shorty) it had no problems what so ever pumping tyres and the like up just ended up getting very hot and blowing the compressed air hose off of it. to have it switch on and off you could use a switch on your dash switching a relay and having the relay switching side earthing through a hobbs switch. these are an adjustable pressure switch which should suit that application.

Use an air tank to store the compressed air, have the pressure switch mounted on it and wired back to the compressor via a toggle/on-off switch and a relay (wired similar to driving lights off high beam). This will keep a store of air available and your compressor wont have to work half as much with switching on and off.

Been a while but a bit of an update:eek5: ..Everything is running good now but one problem I have is the base plate to where the U bolts attach seem to get loose and if I'm right it's the perchs slowly collapsing..grr..if anyone has had this happen or know of it happening..let me know the out come..cheers..otherwise it's all good:scool: ..Just can't wait to get into some real muddy..sloppy..shyt..lol..when I do I'll post up a vid..till then..chin up..:09:

I Have a way to fix your prob. Get your springs mounted on the top of the axle and point the diff up a bit to save the driveshaft. Then u`ll only have the diff hanging down to get stuck on. Thats one of my next big jobs.

Update..Been a while again...still waiting for a vid in a mudplug.. but as it stands..I have swapped out the muffler due to the original one not coping and started to come apart inside..(here's hoping the new one can handle the jandle..hehe):1244: Fixed the spring problem..(well I know what it is now)..She bloody thirsty... cracked 215 kms on a tank of gas(65 ltrs):friday: what happens when you have the peddle to the mettle..hehehe..seriesly though..anyone one of you peeps can let me know/check things for economy..lol..I wouldn mind dropping the intake of gas a little..but if this is where it is suppose to be then so be it..also cold start injector..? I just want to go through things now it's been running a little while and make sure it's all good:feedback: ..cheers and thanks..Keri:friday: haha forgot to mention that I have broken an engine mount already..hehe Just replaced it...LOL

ive never een these enignes to be economical
mine gets 320 kms of 50 lts which is ok but not great for such a hi profile engine

afew 4wds ive done due to big tyres and such get pretty piss poor economy
and i went right over them and didnt find anything worng

i used to get 380 per tank with a 4.3 diff now with a 3.7 diff i get 320 ish

i think these engines love to have little load and nice revs

once u put tall diffs and tall tyres when cruising around town they labour too much

on the good side on the highway once mine gets going its great

but who does a conversiion for better fuel economy

these days i dont do many 1uzs

i try to get people to fit the new 6 lt holden engine
easy to tune and get power from in std trim
very good on fuel
much more torque

HEhehe.. i hear ya sideshow.. but I have found that due to my thermostate having some foreign material stuck in it...it made it way worse than needed..(It had a peice of brass and solder dragged up from the radiator stuck holding it open-gawd the water pump must move some water..LOL)i'm assuming that due to that alone the ecu was compensating for it and thus using a LOT more fuel then needed..(current test = full tank @ 150 kms 1/2 full atm) so it has made it more economical..heading for around 300+ km now which is way better then the measly 220km for a whole tank..LOL:sleeping: and yeah..who does a lex conversion for economy..?
Also the engine mount has made the ride a lot better too..yippee..:smoker:
My forst winch challenge now..(i know) will be in July..in Dunedin.Clubman class..so fingures crossed..(I dun brake anything..LOL)

Update time..it's been a while..not sure actually how long BUT i have buggered my second Muffler..:rippedhand: I've just cut it out and had a look to find that part of the inside had moved from front to back of muffler and blocked the main outlet on it..It did have some small holes drilled between where it was blocked and the outlet..:17:
It was pretty amazing the decline in power(I thought I actually gone into limp mode..but I could rev past 2500+ but it sounded like it had a major block and then I thought it was only one ignitor working(checked this)Started great,idle was good,rev to 2000 rpm was ok..push ppast it and then turned to shyt..weird but anyway...my exhaust man will not be happy..LOL not my fault they are cheap and crap..Thing is I NEED it going by friday..Club Winch Challenge:banana: and it's a recovery vehicle..couldn't afford to race it..but I did put it through the coarse as we set it up..30-40 ft of mudd vertical..LOL it was hillarious..ppl running for cover.. Broke the shear pin 3 x(upgraded from 6mm to 8 mm now)anyway..still trying to get a good vid of it in action..maybe at the end of this month..cheers

Hello Keri

We are building a customer a winch hilux at the moment. It's a very tidy nz new one so good base to start with. Good to here you are getting out in the mud - cheers Kelvin

Your blocked muffler problem is common. Another thing that can happen which happened to me is the cat converter can break down. The catalytic converter on my troopie decided to give up a few months back and a piece of the catalyst lodged itself firmly in the exhaust pipe. When it got warm it expanded and bocked most of the outlet causing the same problem you had. What really worried me was the overheating it caused and the fact that I live on a hill so just to get to my house the engine had a load put on it whiched caused more overheating.

Hello Keri

We are building a customer a winch hilux at the moment. It's a very tidy nz new one so good base to start with. Good to here you are getting out in the mud - cheers Kelvin
Awesome Kelvin..It's a load of fun factor and for a tank of gas for a day..great entertainment:afro: ..(I'd be keen on the pics Kelvin:33: ..)
Also while you're at it..you may as well put Longfeilds in now as he'll end up doing it later when He's gone through a few CV's..very common with the hilux..due to they having a 8" r & p( Why i went with the landcruiser..9.5 r & p...hehe)..also go with 4.88 gears if going to 35's..just the normal stuff save the hassle replacing stuff later and all the time..cheers

Update again...Fixed the Muffler problem:damnit: ..reset ecu and now I have cleared ALL codes except code 42 (NO tranny) So I'm pretty happy atm due to no errors apart from that..I have Noticed a slight decrease in power from the muffler I got ..but it could also be the ecu just going through the motions..Will keep everyone posted and will try to get a vid soon..Cheers all

More updates...As some of you know I had some cold starting issues:rocketwhore: ..running and electrical issues:smashfreakB: ..well I would like to offer some sound advice for all of you....Make sure the Alternator is in %100 working condition:fing02: ..my alt failed last Sunday on a trip to Mace town..lucky i have twin batterys but it really isn't a issue as electrically I only have the engine running when during the day and with 2 batts..it would go for hours..anyway..Have repaired the slip ring and have just popped it back in tonight and it started like it was a different truck..first time..
When we took the rotor out of the alt..the slip ring was totally destroyed worn down to the glue line..(I suspect that it was like this for a bit and contributed to the electrical problems I had)now fixed it's amazing..
That concludes this leason..hehehe and now for some :alcoholic: as this is a mile stone in bug tracing and fixing..Thanks to all who offered help..many thanks..
The truck is getting ready for a mudplug :banana: over the west coast..Haast,our club is heading up the waita to coppermine creek then we're going to try to find a return track(thats there) and come back..chainsaws,shovels and of coarse mud..will try and get some good vids..Cheers all Keri

Ok..here it is.:147: .bare in mind this is unedited and there is alot of winching but..there is some good footage..This was our club out in Coppermine Creek,west Coast,New Zealand:bling: ...there is a lot of bush and tracks there and that was just one we tryed..Most of the video was of Sunday and It took about 5.5-6 hours to get everyone through including myself who was stuck the longest:smokin: ..LOL
You get the idea though..hehe..Cheers Keri
http://www.youtube.com/v/i8bRvJhIvgE
It's about 9.5 mins long..so enjoy..
Ah farkit all...tubeyou has removed it..I think due to the music in the back ground..zzzz i'll have to recode it without..